Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After the Storm...The Beach or the Water?

jim/wpb

Just wondering if anyone cares to offer their view point or experience in this matter.

Beach or water where's the best place to start?

Depends. More than likely, the wet sand. If there's been heavy beach erosion then you want to detect the cuts, between the wall of the cut and the water. This is where long-covered items will have been uncovered. If you have a 3 foot deep cut then your detector has had it's effective depth increased to about 3 feet.

If the storm BRINGS IN SAND, that may be ok too, but the targets may be up high on the beach. Like WAY up high. Maybe even in or beyond the dunes, if dunes apply. After Isabel we had lot of targets all over the beach due to a heavy storm surge that had the local streets piled up with sand. We also had erosion and cuts. We also had beaches that previously had dunes and the dunes were washed completely away and there were 100 year old coins where they had been.

It all depends on exactly what the storm does.

I am really looking forward to getting right after Ernesto. I will take my arsenal. Excal 1000, Sovereign GT with WOT, and Whites SM PI Pro. Hopefully we lose some sand and things get tossed around.

Problem down here is the six feet of sand they put on the beach each year after the storms erode them.

This will be my first serious attempt after a storm. This is both good and bad. The good is things will be repositioned and the bad is things will be repositioned. I've spent much time finding holes on various beaches that continue to produce and I fear they will be all moved.

The first investigation is what happened to the holes.

Thank so much for your post.

Jim

Thats where all the reales are found down on the treasure coast. Seems that when the dunes get cut the older stuff comes pouring out, you just have to get there first.