Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afterburner for GS5 :hot:

ivanll

Anyone know of, seen or tried a Pulsepower Development Afterburner for GS5 ? ? ?

ivanll

ivanll said:
Anyone know of, seen or tried a Pulsepower Development Afterburner for GS5 ? ? ?
ivanll

The reason to use an afterburner would be to perhaps increase the depth at which this little picker can be detected with a TDI-Pro in some Hot ground.
TDI-Pro-RB10x5F8-01gram_600.jpg

ivanll

Ivan,

I have never seen the afterburner but did have email conversations with Eric about this device. With that said, it is my understanding the simple explanation of the afterburner was, it was an add on device that increased the power into the coil by using higher voltage batteries. I believe the voltage was over 20v at maybe 22V or 24V.

There are a couple of ways to increase depth and one of those ways is using something like an afterburner. Another technique would be to reduce internal noise. There is another method that has merit but requires attacking the reasons for the noise itself. Part of that noise comes from the damping resistor and another part comes from any input resistor into the preamp. Reduce the noise and then the gain can be increased.

Both techniques can be addressed but not without additional expense. So, lets see what might be done in the future.

BTW, it is my opinion both ways to increase depth can be done with an add on device if necessary.

Reg