Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aftermarket coils and the Kruzer

IowaRelic

Can anyone speak for the performance of any major brand aftermarket coils on these machines? I’m mainly interested in better shielding against interference. More looking at stock and larger size coils also. Anyone tried a Nel Hunter/Cors Scout? Mars Tiger? (Not sure if that’s available even) what about MGC 13x9?

Can anyone speak for the performance of any major brand aftermarket coils on these machines? I’m mainly interested in better shielding against interference. More looking at stock and larger size coils also. Anyone tried a Nel Hunter/Cors Scout? Mars Tiger? (Not sure if that’s available even) what about MGC 13x9?

I don't know which coils are available for the Kruzer but I have a CoRe with a Mars Lion coil coming. It will be my first aftermarket coil for the Nokta. That being said, I've tried and own many aftermarket coils for other detectors from Mars (Tiger), Nel/Cors (Tornado, Thunder, Shrew) MGC (5 X :geek: and Detech (10 X 12 butterfly and Ultimate). The two NEL coils were bad unfortunately. The Cors Shrew works well. I really like the Mars and MGC construction quality (beefy coil ears) although I am worried about the wire they use on the MGC which is extremely flexible almost floppy. The Detech is the only one which has very stiff wiring (almost too stiff). They are all light and perform well. Of all those coils, the Detech Ultimate is the one I have used the most. I bought it used and it was battered, bruised, used in water, sand, mud, etc. and still works like the day I got it (and I never used a coil cover on it). Great customer service by Detech as well.

I don't know which coils are available for the Kruzer but I have a CoRe with a Mars Lion coil coming. It will be my first aftermarket coil for the Nokta. That being said, I've tried and own many aftermarket coils for other detectors from Mars (Tiger), Nel/Cors (Tornado, Thunder, Shrew) MGC (5 X :geek: and Detech (10 X 12 butterfly and Ultimate). The two NEL coils were bad unfortunately. The Cors Shrew works well. I really like the Mars and MGC construction quality (beefy coil ears) although I am worried about the wire they use on the MGC which is extremely flexible almost floppy. The Detech is the only one which has very stiff wiring (almost too stiff). They are all light and perform well. Of all those coils, the Detech Ultimate is the one I have used the most. I bought it used and it was battered, bruised, used in water, sand, mud, etc. and still works like the day I got it (and I never used a coil cover on it). Great customer service by Detech as well.
Well I just traded off the kruzer. I may get a Cors scout or mars tiger for the T2. I really need another Cors shrew or the 5” round for my goldbug pro also. The shrew was awesome.
Would you say MGC has as good of shielding and all around performance of a nel/Cors coil? The 2 I have perform very well, the shrew and the strike (tornado)

Last edited:
Well I just traded off the kruzer. I may get a Cors scout or mars tiger for the T2. I really need another Cors shrew or the 5” round for my goldbug pro also. The shrew was awesome.
Would you say MGC has as good of shielding and all around performance of a nel/Cors coil? The 2 I have perform very well, the shrew and the strike (tornado)
What detector did you end up getting on trade?

The Cors Shrew I have has a stiff coil cable that seems to be pretty much like the coil cables from Nokta/Makro. The MGC cable is floppy. It's a lot more manageable but it can't have a braided shielding and be this limp. I figure that to sell the MGC coils at that price, they had to cut corners somewhere. It's too early to say if I like the Cors as much as the MGC. So far the Shrew seems to be good and get impressive depth for its size. I'm using it on a G2+.

The Cors Shrew I have has a stiff coil cable that seems to be pretty much like the coil cables from Nokta/Makro. The MGC cable is floppy. It's a lot more manageable but it can't have a braided shielding and be this limp. I figure that to sell the MGC coils at that price, they had to cut corners somewhere. It's too early to say if I like the Cors as much as the MGC. So far the Shrew seems to be good and get impressive depth for its size. I'm using it on a G2+.
The shrew on a g2 is a killer curbstrips and old house setup.