Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aftermarket coils for the F75SE2

Kevin B.

I recently purchsed a used F75SE2 (12-14-14). I have been running a 13" Ultimate Coil on it. It is a bit heavier than I'd like. I like the factory 11 inch Biaxial DD coil but I would like to hear from those who have used the SEF coils (the one that is a bit larger than the 11 inch factory coil). Is it lighter than the Ultimate when installed? As deep? Anyway, I found a couple of 69 cal roundballs with the Ultimate Coil (JE Process.....Sens set at 95.....zero disc) and one of the round balls was two inches deeper than my Garrett Pinpointer. By no means am I bragging on my abilities. Just giving a comparison as I might invest in an SEF butterfly coil. (the one that is larger than the stock 11 inch coil). Anyway, Happy Searching!!!!! kevin

The sef 10x12 weighs more than the 13" ultimate coil.. The ultimate coil air tests better and does better on all my test garden items... This is in central ohio dirt..

Thank you Basstrackerman. I certainly do not need the extra weight. I am pleased with the performance of the Ultimate except that I need to have the coil as far away from my feet (and my person, in general) or it will pick up stuff in my pockets. I appreciate your feedback. I figured that there would be more people using an aftermarket coil on an already deep unit. Y'all have a great day. I'm having to catch up on tilling out my garden today (and it's stilll a bit too damp) but the grass was overtaking my rows of corn and beans, okra, squash, and so forth. And wouldn't ya know it.........,.the sun popped out as soon as I started leaving my shirt wringing wet.

I bought a Ranger 10" x 14" DD from Russia for mine but I haven't had a lot of time to use it yet on the F75.

Seems like a good coil though. It works pretty decently on my other Fisher units which was a bonus supprise.

I'll get a review up eventually.

HH
Mike