Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Age of copper bracelet ?

JimmyCT

Found this bracelet (I believe its some sort of bracelet) the other day where I found a handful of coins from the 1800's. I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge, information on the date / date range of the bracelet. Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2007 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2007 - Copy.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2005 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2005 - Copy.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 167
  • brace - Copy.JPG
    brace - Copy.JPG
    657.4 KB · Views: 149
Hey earthylypotluck, interesting find.... from what I can tell, think you are right, a bangle bracelet... the style of the design is modernistic, with influences of art nouveau/cubism/surrealism (as in Picasso/ nude descending stair case/noses sticking out of the sides of faces stuff, all mixed up in a Salvador dali dreamscape of free flowing leaves and flowers) This blend of styles became popular through the 1960's and into the 70's ...think flower power, album covers, posters from that era... (see below... the design on your bracelet looks almost like a cross between her pants and his)

Though you found it in an area producing 1800's coins, given the style and the condition, think it is was lost not so long ago.... yikes, come to think of it, 1970 was 50 years ago... :yikes:

That's a best guess, Earthlypotluck. Can you see an hallmark stamped into it anywhere to confirm? As always, it might be worthwhile to show it to an expert for a definite answer.

Psychedelic Pants, 1960's | Psychedelic fashion, Hippie, Hippie ...

Hey! thanks Steve! That is my thought too. Something of a flower child of the 1960's / 1970's, Art Deco? lol. I carefully inspected but I do not see any hallmark. Thanks for chiming in. - Jim

No worries, Jim... an interesting find... don't ya just love it? ...you never know from hole to hole, what might come up shining.

I am no expert, just a best guess, hopefully pointing in the right direction. Chances are that's what it is, 1960's, 70's... but.... considering how the movements in art and style go. What was called the modern art movement began in the late 1800's through to the 1970's.... progressing through variations... the arts and crafts movement, art nouveau, impressionsim, expressionsim, dada, art deco, cubism, surrealism, abstract.... all of these movements were pioneered by visionary artists who influenced and were influenced by other artists as the movements spread and gained popularity then morphed into something else....

To the point, chances are the bracelet was made in the late 60's early '70s, influenced by those modern art movements and the flower power, drug induced stuff of the day (and worth about as much)... but... if it was made, say from 1900-1940, then it becomes an object before it's time, a leading edge work produced by a visionary artist.... if picasso was messing around and cranked that out one afternoon, or Salvador Dali (who by the way did produce jewelry off and on from 1940-1970)... then my friend, that would be the best hole you might ever dig, ha!

An interesting find, Jim, thanks for posting... don't ya just love it?.... you never know!

Last edited:
Just saw that picture, now I cant stop humming the Mamas and Papas songs......

Curious minds need to know... As a side note, some of you may have wondered where some of these reference pics come from. Short answer, lotsa places. This one from the archives, a picture of @Guvner as a young dude. Not sure about the pants but 50 years later, he still has the same haircut! :thumbup:

6c16131e8401a10071790a4a33a26a25.jpg

6c16131e8401a10071790a4a33a26a25.jpg