Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aha! Something interesting from the White's Engineers interview....

Yes, yes he did. lol. When we first saw that we all took a deep breath, cringed with one eye open seeing if anyone would figure it out. :look: lol

You have touched on something that really bothers me. In the past year mostly all rumors have been denied and for the life of me I don't get why such a lack of integrity.
Are we so conditioned to being lied to ie wall street, that it's become acceptable Whites could have said yes we are expecting something out and then not discuss it but the number of folks who new this was in the works and chose to deny rather than say we can't discuss it, say's a great deal, hard to present oneself as credible.

Dan

Dan, I for one don't blame White's for being secretive on the Vision, it makes for more excitement at the unveiling of the new model. When I was a kid growing up in the 60's new car dealers would cover their showroom windows with old newspapers to build up excitment for the new cars. I really enjoyed the wait, but it is a sign of the times when people can't wait for anything.
Instant gratification generation.It is going to take me a while to save up for a new detector, but I am patient, and I have several
older models to play with.HH...........Hombre

Daniel A. said:
You have touched on something that really bothers me. In the past year mostly all rumors have been denied and for the life of me I don't get why such a lack of integrity.
Are we so conditioned to being lied to ie wall street, that it's become acceptable Whites could have said yes we are expecting something out and then not discuss it but the number of folks who new this was in the works and chose to deny rather than say we can't discuss it, say's a great deal, hard to present oneself as credible.

Dan

I do not remember any one telling a lie about the detector. You can bet that there is always something new being worked on and you are not going to be told what is in the works until it is
near or ready for release, this is the way it has always been with new products.

Believe it or not, news of an upcoming detector can hurt current sales because people will wait to see what the new one looks like, and not buy something now. Not everyone that's waiting will buy it either, for many different reasons. I was originally mad when Minelab did that with the SE Pro and soon after released the E-Trac, but now I understand. Can't really blame companies for trying to survive.

Nonsense.. I bet the engineers really wanted to tell us about their progress on the vision...

But... if they said.. yes we have this new detector coming with 3 frequencies and COLOUR screen.. and all the other stuff.

They would lose important time vs competition and another thing. It might not even make it to the final stages and then we would pick on that too...

Whites hit the jackpot it seems and its well thought out too over many years. We dont want early rumors to destroy for them after many years in the thinkpad...

2 cents......

Hi Dan,

OK, I'll let you in on the big secret. White's is currently working on new detectors for future release. So is Minelab. So is Garrett. So is Fisher. So is any detector company with a future. To my knowledge nobody at White's has ever denied that. They simply do not comment. They are under no obligation to provide anyone with information specific to units under development. Or are you referring to some dealer?

Many units are designed in house that never get released. Some get started, then put aside, sometimes for years. The last time something leaked too early, everybody complained about "delays" for something that was never officially announced!

So here, let's get a rumor going. Garrett has a new unit under development. Call them and ask about it.

Steve Herschbach

I,ve had the same thing happen as well Brett with Minelab but I also believe the manufactures would have been adjusting production numbers. Steve suggesting your working on projects and having something coming to market are very different, fact and rumor are not the same thing, am I referring to dealers yes. We both know that it takes a great deal of work to bring anything to production stage Steve. Competition is healthy and good for the market at some point Whites would have known based on there own work that they were far enough along that it would not matter who new what. Gearing up for production is far greater than rumor and clearly to have machines on the market so quick from the time of announcement say's a great deal. Again the question remains the same integrity either it's there or being redesigned along with the new machine. In today's world where a man's word does not have the same value it once did should we be fine with that. Dan

Keep in mind - The engineers may be working on "New" technology that no other detector on the market has, point in fact the TDI. Pre-production models are hand built. If the competition got their hands on a new product it could be extremely detrimental to the company. It would not be difficult for our competition to reverse engineer a handbuilt unit. So keeping a lid on new products is not necessarily to keep it from our customers but to keep it from getting into the hands of the competition. Think about this as well...when a "customer" calls and asks if we have a new unit coming out - we have no way of knowing if it is the competition calling to see if we have anything in the works. Another reason is making sure the products we put out meet White's strict quality standards....Whenever there is a leak it makes our job that much more difficult - making sure it's ready to hit the market in both qualitive and quantitive measures. Leaks speed up this process and with many companies quality ends up taking a back seat so that they can just put it on the shelf - That is not what White's is about. My question is this: Would people really want White's to skimp on quality/performance just because a couple busy-bodies can't keep quiet?

Just as the other person posted - We are an Instant Gratification Generation.

Andrea - In case anyone was wondering - I work for a White's Distributor.

When I buy the vision I will be sure I have the top of the line Whites for many Years, If I want a second detector Ill buy a different whites when it comes out and ill be just as sure.

My money will be better invested then when buying detectors from companies known to spew out dropfeed teknology. Mind you... I know that professional nuggethunters want all the minor adjustments a new version can yield in performance, but as a recreational detectorist lookin for relics and coins I honor the companies not devaluating my investment....

And whites dont piss me off in that department.......for sure....

Others have..

Hi Dan,

I guess it is just a matter of opinion. Your opinion is that they should announce units before they are ready to ship. My opinion is they should not announce product until it can actually be purchased. I hate vaporware. But if a dealer told you something not true, then the dealer is who you have the issue with, not White's.

Steve Herschbach

Hi Dan,

As others have pointed out, White's is always working on new products but we never give specifics either on the design features or the expected time frame. We can't. Why? Because we have hundreds of dealers who are in the business of selling detectors, and we don't want to kill their sales for months at a time while we may or may not be ready for production. Over 2 years ago, engineering thought that Vision was 90 days from being ready for production. Two years later, it really was. Can you imagine what would have happened if we started telling everyone back then that a new 3-frequency color detector was about to be released? Can you imagine how mad everyone would have been when our release date kept slipping month after month after month? We would have lost all credibility, our dealers would have lost a lot of other sales, and our competition would have had 2 years to respond.

As you can see from the "interview" that is the topic of this thread, White's doesn't deny working on new products, but we cannot even say, "We are expecting something out soon." So, I can easily tell you that we currently have 8 new products in development, but I cannot tell you anything about them, or any time frame for release. Sorry.

- Carl@Whites

I know the Pulse Devil uber detector was supposed to be released last year 'before the snow melts'. Well, the snow has melted twice already and where is this wonder detector? It kinda illustrates the point Carl was making re. premature releases of info 'n stuff. I think the expression is 'Going off half cocked'. ..Willy.