Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AIR TEST AT PRO

Maxwedge

HI,

TODAY, A FRIEND AND I HIT AN OLD HOUSE THAT HAD BEEN TORN DOWN AND BULLDOZED. I NOTICED AN ABCENCE OF COINS EVERYWHERE. THIS HOUSE HAD BEEN SEALED UP FOR 10 YEARS AND IT WAS AN EARLY 1900'S HOUSE. THEY PROBABLY TORE IT DOWN WITHIN THE LAST MONTH. MY FRIEND CAME OVER TO ME AND HANDED ME A BRAND NEW-NO WEAR 1918S MERCURY DIME. I WISH MY CAMERA PROGRAM WAS WORKING. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I FOUND THREE COPPER LINCOLNS. THAT'S IT. ANYWAY, BEFORE WE LEFT I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO CHECK THE NUMBER ON THE DIME. I FIGURED IT WOULD PROBABLY READ 81 AND IT DID, BUT I ONLY GOT AUDIO AT 2 INCHES. THE VDI CAME UP AT 81 WITH NO AUDIO AT 3 INCHES. I HAD JUST GROUND BALANCED IT TOO WITHOUT GOING DOWN 10 IN THE GROUND BALANCE. ARE THERE BETTER TESTS THAT I CAN DO. THIS AIR DEPTH WORRIES ME AND I'VE NOTICED I'VE NOT BEEN DIGGING REALLY DEEP COINS. SHOULD I SEND IT IN. THANKS-MARK

I would do a factory reset and try an open air test on a dime, any dime should be close to that mercury but if you have a mercury use that. I usually go outside and setup a couple of saw horses and put the detector on them and put a wooden yard stick under the coil and pass the coins in front of the coil. If you have another wooden yard stick put a rubber band around the end of it and put you coin under the rubber band, makes it a littler easier to swing in front of the coil.

Maybe somebody else will do the same test and give you some numbers to compare to yours. I would do it myself but we are heading out of town in a few minutes.

You should for sure get a lot better audio response out of it than a couple of inches, if you get a lot better results like this, your detector is okay, but if not you got a real problem with the detector and I would send it in for repairs.

I read in the manual that in pro mode the audio can go deeper than the VDI, so the first to quit working would be the VDI not the audio.

Ron in WV

Had a few minutes and I got you some numbers.

Done a factory reset and tested in coins mode both std and pro. with mercury dime

Std = about 7"
Pro = closer to 8"

You should be doing much much better then that. In pro mode with sensitivity set at 7/8 bars you should get at least 9" with a fast swing of the coil. Are you in standard or pro mode? What was your sensitivity set at? Which coil?

THANKS GUYS,

I RUN A COUPLE OF BARS SENSITIVITY BELOW MAX. 5X8 COIL, PRO ZERO MODE. DOES THE AT DO OK MOVING THE COIL FAIRLY SLOW? THAT'S HOW I HUNT SOMETIMES. HOW DO I DO A QUICK RESET? I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. I'LL BE WORKING WHIS WEEKEND AND SLEEPING DAYTIME, BUT WILL RETRY THIS TEST PROBABLY MONDAY AND LET YOU KNOW. CYA-MARK

Hold the off on button down about 5 seconds, you should get a couple of beeps and it is reset.