Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AIR TEST UPDATE AT MY HOUSE 5 MINUTES AGO.

Ray-Mo.

I FOUND THAT ELECTRICAL INTERFERENCE EFFECTS DEPTH GREATLY.MY FRONT YARD IS UNDER A POWER LINE AND A BURIED 200 AMP LINE LESS THAN 50 FT AWAY WITH CLAD QUARTER ON GROUND AND A CARDBORD BOX ON TOP TO HELP ACCURACY.I COULD ONLY GET TO MANUAL 21 WITHOUT IT GETTING VERY ERATIC AND I NOISE CANCELLED SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE SURE. BUT AT 21 UNDER THE MENTIONED CONDITIONS ALL I COULD GET WAS 11" WITH DECENT SIGNAL.AT MY SHOP TODAY WHEN I POSTED THE AIR TEST I COULD RUN IT TO 30 SEN. AND IT WAS QUIET AND STABLE AND THE QUARTER WAS ON WHITE LIMESTONE GRAVEL DRIVE.
I WENT TO A PARK TONIGHT THAT I HAVE HIT HARD WITH THE ETRAC AND ONLY FOUND 2 WHEATIES AND A 1905 BARBER AT 6" ON EDGE AND IT WAS LOUD AND CLEAR AND I CALLED IT A SILVER DIME WITH WITTNESSES WATCHING.THERE WAS IRON NEAR IT ON TWO SIDES AS WELL..
I AM GOING TO THE COURTHOUSE ONE MORE TIME TOMORROW AFTER CHURCH WITH ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER AN DO SOME TESTING IF WE CAN FIND SOME TARGETS,RAY.
PS. MY SERIAL # XQ1 12859

Hi Ray, I just got back home from from a 1 week vacation last week and hit the ground running - so I'm a little behind on the E-Trac testing, but hope to do some tomorrow for the first time. Since you obviously have a good unit and you seem to be the undisputed E-Trac master, I'm glad to see that my serial # 12875 is so close to yours! Maybe the 128xx series got the turbo depth feature that was left out of the later units :rofl: My gut tells me that there's nothing wrong with any of them but we'll see what happens. At least we know that we got them from the same source: Lynn at Detector Depot and received all of the added benefits of buying there, plus that secret turbo depth add-on that Lynn slipped in! :bouncy:

[size=x-large]This is good news for me,as my SN is in the 129XX.Just getting used to the ETbut 2Day I dug a merc @4-5", and 5 WB cents from 5-8". They all sounded off nice,and I had my disc on Cond 37-50,and Ferr 1-22 accepted.....just looking for silver....Auto +3 1/2 the time ,and when the sens droped bellow 15, I toggled 2 manual 23.....HH[/size]

I can up it to manual 30 with no falsing everywhere I have tried.. thats where the ground thing is making no sense to me, it says to raise sens and use the setting thats most stable.. well its stable no matter what I use

YOU MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING AS I GOT THE LAST OF FIRST SHIPMENT FROM LYNN AT DETECTOR DEPOT.IT WAS THE ONE HE WAS GOING TO KEEP FOR HIMSELF AND FOR A SHOP DEMO.I SURE AM GLAD HE IS SUCH A GRET GUY AND WENT AHEAD AND SOLD IT TO ME AND AT THE BEST DEAL .BAR NONE.
I WILL DO MORE TESTING AFTER CHURCH TODAY,RAY.

Dude, I almost bought your exact machine from Lynn on that Saturday, but I had already spoke to my dealer and told him I would get it from him on Friday. That's sick:rofl: Instead of getting the "hottest" ETrac, I got the "crappiest", that is utterly too flipping funny. "A deal's is a deal" Erik told me to cancel my order and order from Lynn, should of taken your advice Erik. So much for being honorable. That is so messed up:lmfao:

Erik in NJ said:
Hi Ray, I just got back home from from a 1 week vacation last week and hit the ground running - so I'm a little behind on the E-Trac testing, but hope to do some tomorrow for the first time. Since you obviously have a good unit and you seem to be the undisputed E-Trac master, I'm glad to see that my serial # 12875 is so close to yours! Maybe the 128xx series got the turbo depth feature that was left out of the later units :rofl: My gut tells me that there's nothing wrong with any of them but we'll see what happens. At least we know that we got them from the same source: Lynn at Detector Depot and received all of the added benefits of buying there, plus that secret turbo depth add-on that Lynn slipped in! :bouncy:

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble, my Serial number is 141XX so that blows the 12xxx theory as mine is smoking the XLTs and Explorers :rofl:

Oh no.....:blowup:......well maybe the 14xxx series works in England without the Turbo Depth feature that the 12xxx series has here :poke: