Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

air test

john sullivan

i noticed when doing an air test , distance the coin too where signal quits ,then move the coin quickly accross the field , behold a signal.

My understanding is signal has to mix with the ground matrix and well Explorers just test poorly in the air but go deep in the ground where it counts. Perhaps some of our technical minded individuals could explain in detail.

John..... i think you will also find when testing in Auto vs Manual that auto has a exact cut off.... move the target a fraction it dont know its there. In manual it tends to continue to try and ID the target. Yes a faster sweep speed may well allow you to find a target because of filtering. However, it will do the same thing in the dirt...... but you will miss a LOT of targets because it will filter out weaker signals. You may well be banging on those near surface targets.... but the deep ones you are looking you need to let your ears filter..... that means slow down. Id much rather hear minerals and junk and near coil tones than have them filtered out and loose depth. Thats why the proper sweep speed with your settings and coil control can make a huge difference with changing conditions.

Dew