Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

airports

patch

going to hawaii in june. does anyone know if you are allowed to carry the box part of your detector in carryon bag? poles and scoop and batterys will be in checked suitcase. thank you.

I've carried an entire detector with batteries in their own plastic bags in a carry on case; have also packed it all (detectors, scoops and accessories) in checked luggage. I felt better with it in carry on. Am shopping for sales on a hard-shell suitcase with wheels that it will all fit in for checked baggage. I think I'll feel better about checking it when it is in a hard-shell case. I know there is less risk of one with 4 good wheels being thrown than a soft shell without wheels; although the detectors wrapped in beach towels, have survived the checked baggage so far in that soft case with bad wheels. Have not flown internationally but have done 8 flights in the US with detectors.
Cheers,
tvr

i went to the good will store and bought a hard shell Samsonite--remember the Gorilla in the airport commercials? It cost me 4.50 and money well spent--you know when it comes out on the turn style and no one mess' with it. I have a 6 inch RTG water scoop that is the travel model and breaks down in half and 3 inch RTG sand scoop. Plus my rafts and snorkeling equipment for two--best investment i made for traveling with my MD

wrapped mine se in beach towels carry on , they are used to metal detectors coming through check points.
felt more comfortable carring it on than checking it.was looking forward to a whole month of detecting on the beach, which was 100 feet from my back door, 2nd day ended up in hospital heart attack, triple bypass next three weeks looking out the window at the beach. my biggist complaint not being able to detect. will give it hell this year.

Well, my dad had some bypasses done recently - they wanted him up and walking around... nothing says you can't have an MD in your hand while doing what the doctor told you to do.

I have a small carry on bag that I bought at the goodwill store. I can fit my entire PI machine and the coil and controls for my Excal II. The scoop and shafts go in the stowed luggage. Never any problems, tape the battery ends.