Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ait Test

CCadrin

I just received a used (3 weeks old) Racer 2 and I want to make sure that there are no issues. I quickly did a couple air test and the max in DEEP mode was 10" or just a little more. None of my test made it passed 10" (quarter, dime, penny, nickel) and but I may have EMI in my yard since the detector got a little chatty. I have been reading thru the manual to learn the settings but I did not spend enough time to look for the optimal settings.

So here are my questions:
1) Is an air test a valid test for this machine?
2) What were your results and what were your basic settings (mode, gain, etc)?

In my test garden in mineralize soil, it struggled to hit 8 inch coins (the nickel and quarter sounded, the penny and dime I didn't).

Any comments will be appreciated.