Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AkA Metal Detectors

Dave0

Who would be interested in The Aka Metal Detectors brand if there was a outlet in the USA?

I had an interest in the Berkut earlier in the year. Sold several good detectors to fund it and it all fell through because they couldn't get me an English faceplate and couldn't get me the 3 frequency coil.

But my interest is still there if I could get what I want.

HH
Mike

I am looking into bringing there product over here. Just trying to gauge the intrest.

I think an AKA outlet here in the USA would be great. I suspect there would be a lot more interest and confidence to purchase if the unit could be bought locally (in USA). I own a Sorex and love it. Would be interested in trying a Berkut, as well. I think when people start hearing more AKA success stories, sales will dramatically go up. Another aspect to consider to bolster sales is repair/warranty work. Because its not currently available in the US, its easy to understand why people maybe hesitant to try the AKA brand. Good luck with your endeavor, hope you have much success.

jimz49 said:
I think an AKA outlet here in the USA would be great. I suspect there would be a lot more interest and confidence to purchase if the unit could be bought locally (in USA). I own a Sorex and love it. Would be interested in trying a Berkut, as well. I think when people start hearing more AKA success stories, sales will dramatically go up. Another aspect to consider to bolster sales is repair/warranty work. Because its not currently available in the US, its easy to understand why people maybe hesitant to try the AKA brand. Good luck with your endeavor, hope you have much success.

Ive watched a bunch of videos and I am impressed with the depth. I love the tones and the graphs are very informative on the target you are digging.

The AKA makes a very good machine. I had a Sorex Pro and it preformed just like all the research I had read on the machine. Maybe start a thread for all that have a AKA in the states. ------------------------after1---------------

After-1- said:
The AKA makes a very good machine. I had a Sorex Pro and it preformed just like all the research I had read on the machine. Maybe start a thread for all that have a AKA in the states. ------------------------after1---------------

Very good idea!

would need a repair center in the U.S. before I (and I'm sure many others) would be interested.

D&P-OR said:
With all the detectors sold here--(US) -----Is there a repair center for each?????-I have never did any research to see to answer my own question.----------------------after1---------------------
would need a repair center in the U.S. before I (and I'm sure many others) would be interested.

After-1- said:
D&P-OR said:
With all the detectors sold here--(US) -----Is there a repair center for each?????-I have never did any research to see to answer my own question.----------------------after1---------------------

It would ne nice to have but Bulgaria is where the repair center is located. I was told not many repairs were needed on there machines. That doesn't mean that something could not go wrong with them. They really look to me like they would be a good machine.

Let us know if you become an AKA dealer. I for one would be interested in additional coils, and possibly picking up a Berkut to go along with my Sorex Pro. I noticed your other thread concerning dealership warranty/repair work disappeared. Was it moved or censored? I found what was being said very informative and provided valuable insight into what they thought it would take to be successful. Too bad if it was censored!!

jimz49 said:
Let us know if you become an AKA dealer. I for one would be interested in additional coils, and possibly picking up a Berkut to go along with my Sorex Pro. I noticed your other thread concerning dealership warranty/repair work disappeared. Was it moved or censored? I found what was being said very informative and provided valuable insight into what they thought it would take to be successful. Too bad if it was censored!!

I may not be able to get the Berkut 5 for I am talking to Bulgaria and they do not have them there. Just the Signum and Sorex. I may also look into there line Mikron to get also. I was told that if there was a problem with a machine that I could swap it out and them deal with them on warranty. I am still ironing out the details before I start to promote them. I will have some extra coils for them also.

Very nice detectors, built like a tank but lightweight. Personally don't think there will be many if any warranty issues, needing repair.
Trouble is convincing US guys of that since they are used to having a US detector or read about the many that need repair................that ends up being a big headache.
Many of the guys owners in the US of a AKA quit posting about their machines, they usually get looks of disbelief or are attacked because the detector is Russian.
Others don't want the local competition to find out about them....LOL A dedicated AKA Forum with 208 members was made where all the US owners and overseas owners reside.
Since this forum is not in direct conflict with Findmall Forums, should be safe to post the link here http://www.akaforums.com/.

Since only the Berkut is made in Russia and sold from there, shouldn't be a major set back to become a US Seller if importing from Bulgaria. But, still maybe enough US Customs paperwork and fees
to look that could inflate the cost more than what an individual user can buy and import one for.

To become a dealer I would first buy a Sorex Pro, use and use it for at least a month solid before attempting to sell them. Otherwise it will be liking trying to sell a car you never drove when the buyer starts bombarding you with questions on using it.............The AKA are like Minelab Explorers and Etracs, if you don't put the time in to learn how to use them to full potential, you'll end up selling in a couple weeks.
They are bit more than turn on and go machines and operate just a bit different than most will accustomed to.

If anyone wants to try a AKA machine, I would say go for it. Just get the Sorex Pro first to learn on. The Signum is too much to handle for the first timer. The Berkut 5, its a different animal from the Sig and Sorex, not the most popular AKA model due to being more complex in the menu system and how extensive you can customize how the detector works. It's a fiddlers machine and for some one who is not in a hurry to cover an area fast--the Sorex is a better trash machine. I liked both Berkut's I had.