Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All day out with the SEF 10x12.... Nice coil

burlbark

It sure is a nice coil.

Separation is fantastic, depth is phenomenal, and falsing on iron is minimal even running hot.

The only downside is that mine is an emi magnet. I found that using the frequency offset really helped and getting directly under the power lines I was able to turn salt compensate on and run it fine.

I did not find a single nail all day and found a couple deep memorials at nearly 8". Not digging a single nail is a huge shock to me, I usually would dig half a dozen chasing iffy signals. The coil is inherently better than any of the others I have used when it comes to coverage and ignoring mineralization. It sees the nails but it makes them much more identifiable.

I took it out to a local detecting spot that we have spent years removing non-ferrous targets out of the ground. I found 9 coins and countless non ferrous targets at depths of 8+ inches. While I didnt find anything worth taking pictures of I was thrilled to have new ground again.

Here at home I have dug everything even somewhat repeatable. In a matter of an hour I had dug a dozen targets consisting of rifle brass, bullets and a nickle.

If you are tired of your detector and thinking about getting another brand dont do so until you have tried the SEF 10x12. It really does bring the hunting grounds back to life.

I'm glad you finally got a good one. It took long enough.

[attachment 254393 ani_einstein.gif]

Glad also burlbark because soon I am going to get one for my self and I realy wanted to know if it is true that this coil is greater in depth.

For me at most it may be a 1/2" to 1" deeper at most.

Glad for you burlbark,i knew they were good coil's for the V3I's..:clap:

Follow up:

Coils is still good although very emi sensitive. I can rate the v3i is equally to the etrac in depth with this coil and the seperation is better. I am finding countless non ferous targets in my cleaned out yard.