Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All Hunted Out You Say???????????

IBdiggin

Up an out the door at dark thirty with my travel mug, F70 and newly acquired 2 weeks ago AT PRO. I knew some people use to hunt this little backwoods country park where ball games and horseshoe tourneys were held. One of the guys even went so far to say "the park was all hunted out". I was just a rookie at that time so what did I know.
All I know is I had to pee and they had portables there so I stopped. When I got out I eyeballed a 1994 quarter right by my foot and thought " it's gonna be a good day".
There was a group of picnic tables behind the diamond backstop so I decided it would be a good place to practice my pulltab and bottle cap discrimination with the big DD on the Pro.
Four feet from the first table I got a great high tone with a TID of 83-84. Too high for a clad dime, too low for a quarter, and too sweet sounding to be a cap. 3" deep and out comes this.

My first Rosie. I hunted a few more clad coins then saw this sand pile by one of the shelters and thought Hmmmmm that might be fun. This is what I found. All hunted out?? Don't believe it.------IB

Nice! That Rosie is in great condition.

Dont let anyone tell you, it is hunted out,,. Just tell them it aint hunted out untill I hunt it.. That will get them... KEN. from Ind.

Well aint that just something! :clapping: You certainly have a well balanced set of gear there IB, Congratulations on that Rosie! good score!:beers:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Well aint that just something! :clapping: You certainly have a well balanced set of gear there IB, Congratulations on that Rosie! good score!:beers:
Mud

Ya, Thanks Mud. For some reason the Rosie dime has been elusive for me. I got the 3 mercs. the first year with my F70 and thought the Rosie would be an easier one but it wasn't. Now that the ice is broke maybe the gold will follow. I have some really nice looking crap rings but you know it all boils down to that lipstick on a pig thing that these politicians now a days keep talkin about.
Ya can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a crappy ring:rofl:--------IB-----OHHHHH forgot, I also got this

Nice finds. I find more Merc's than I do Rosies. I like that Parking token. Found two of them on the beach at Ocean Isle Beach in NC when I was up that way for my Aunt's 90th Birthday. If you find out where they were used I would like to know.

Way to go. A few years ago I was doing a small park and a guy comes up and says, "nothing left here, my wife and I got it all with our DFX's. I just smiled and reached in my pocket and pulled out a tiny babies ring and $1.80 in coin! He didn't say a word...Just turned around and walked away. It's never all found!!.

Actually George, it's a self serve carwash token for a place in Superior Wi. called Belknap Not much other info----------------IB

i found a pile of tokens on the ground next to where a carnival had been over the weekend. most of them were parking tokens from several different locations. i guess if they fit in the arcade machines they'll use them.