Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All I can say is thank the Lord!!

Mississippi

I am still in shock at this find I made today. This was the last thing on my mind was to dig a two piece tongue and wreath side by side. I found the wreath first at about 3-4 inches very low smooth tone with a TID of 38, was just in hog heaven went over to my digging partner Ted to show him, told him that part of the field was off limits until I made a effort to find the tongue (never thinking it would happen). After about 15 Min's of can you believe it and no way I went back to my hole (thinking to myself I better recheck the hole). I turn my machine on, maybe 4-5 inches to the right of that hole I received another singled, thinking yea right I dug down about 1 1/2- 2 inches had a TID of 35 and out came the tongue and after close inspection as I had never seen one like it the letters VSS came to light (Vicksburg Sharp-Shooters), I was totally shocked, surprised and stunned all at once. The dices were rolled just right today and the good Lord was looking down upon me. Since I have moved to Virginia my goal was to find a Mississippi I, never did I think in a million years I would find a two pieces tongue and wreath associated with Co E 12th Mississippi Regt from Warren County, Miss. Was found using the Minelab Safari.

OH MY GOODNESS......:thumbup:...WHAT A RECOVERY. I don't know why we don't have a BANNER category on Finds Treasure forums. If we did this would surely make it. I think it is safe to say that your recovery will rate as one of the best, if not the best, for the year. Congratulations. HH TomB

THAT'S A GREAT FIND!!!:clap: MISSISSIPPI AND A GREAT ONE TO THINK TOO :clapping:

The Lord is good . Looks like he blessed you with an amazing find.

That is who I plan on donating it to in my will. The Warren County Courthouse in Vicksburg, Mississippi were the 12th Mississippi originated from.

Great save, WTG:clapping:

n/t

Go back there and find some more .

I still can not believe it :stars:

By far one Rarest Buckles wish you could ever find !!!! VSS Plates Super rare very few been dug and over the years. The one you found in perfect in my book with both part and very nice patina. Congrats on find of life time Chuck P.S Hay what setting you ran on TDI, All tones . and pulse delay settings etc

Was not found with a TDI, but with a Minelab Safari.

Frank,

Congratulations on the find of a lifetime. Awesome story. Its a rare beauty of a piece for sure and you deserve it. Thanks be to God.

CCH