Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All I can say is WOW!!

I came across a Garrett GTA 350 on Thursday for $40. I did a little research on it, grabbed the phone and begged the man to hold it until I could come by and pick it up on Friday afternoon. He agreed and took down his classified posting and I was by his house to pick it up around 5:15 on Friday.

My wife had no idea, but I have been looking for a light weight turn on and go detector for her the past month. I was considering an Ace 250 or something along those lines until this popped up out of the blue. She was upset I spent any money on a detector for her, but came around pretty quick to my way of thinking when I reminded her we had planned a trip to the mountains the next day for a event and we had planned to detect later that day up there. She gets bored watching me with my V3i and I knew this would be the right thing to do.

Well I did some fast study on the GTA 350 and learned it was a 90's entry level Garrett machine before I called on it, and considering its point in the Garrett line I did not expect too much. Wow, was I mistaken! She got the best find of the day with it. A 1965 quarter at get this; 6 to 7 inches down! I did all the digging for both of us and I was well up to the handle on my Leche when I finally liberated the coin from the hole. I expected it to be at or near the top when she said she found a quarter target. My V3i said 6" when I gave it a few sweeps to confirm her target. My V3 said it was a dime on the first couple sweeps and only once rang up as a quarter. Needless to say I was shocked when it came out of the hole.

That little dude was quite impressive and was the best $40 I ever spent. I have to admit she swings it pretty good for a beginner. She still raises the coil on each end of the swing that resembles a smile but she is getting better.

Ms. Shark ROCKS!

The Shark