Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All metal question

brianfloyd

Just got my 75 back. Like what little I have played with it. My question is when all metal guys hunt which mode do you leave from the disc side or does it matter to you. The book says bp and cl carry over slow response and less noise. Wouldnt it be best to use one of these deeper modes. Oh yea another question which is preferred 9.0 or 9.1 and is the book right or wrong with 9.0 being DST on. Man my only wish is they would have told you which is which in real time and show which is on without cutting machine off and on. I am determined to learn to hunt all metal.

First 9.0 is on and 9.1 is off, the manual is correct.
The way I look at DST is if I have some EMI problems or want to run the sensitivity up high and it gets noisy I turn DST on, but if I have no EMI or noise I run with it off. My thought is if FT thounght that DST on was the best all around thing to do they wouldn't have went to the trouble to allow for a off setting.
AM settings, if all you are looking for is deeper then CL or BP would be the way to go when in all metal. But keep in mind with the slower response you need to slow your sweep speed down BP is pretty comfortable but CL is real slow, if you don't slow your sweep down and there is some trash near good targets you may miss them. So for me there is no best settings, you need to think for this area fast is best or this spot kind of deep would be better, or this area may have something real deep. They are all tools or tricks of the trade.

Ron in WV