Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All Reved up an no place to go

ColoradoGoldMan

Well just got my new Excelerator 10" DD and the SunRay DX1 put on the MXT and can't do any thing about it:nopity: I ordered a new Excel 10" DD and a DX-1 they came from the Brown Santa yesterday. Put them on this morn,
and looked out and this is what a blizard in Colorado looks like LOL. So no fun today. Take care and HH.
C

I know the feeling except I did not get the pleasure of getting a new coil. Had the same crap in southern Ut. yesterday.

Pictures like that make me appreciate living in Sacramento more and more and not missing the midwest winters more and more...LOL:rofl:

Oh no. That means it's coming our way. :rant: It's raining and we're to get 3" in 24 hours. Glad it's rain and not snow. :devil: Hopefully your snow won't last and you'll be out there using your new toys. You're going to love them. HH, Nancy

Yep it's heading east your way. It's cold and the wind is 40 mph not a lot of snow, what there is is blowing bad. I ordered the 10" DD to see if there is any difference over the my 6X10 whites DD. I have been using the head phones, and the Detector Pro pistol pinpointer I have is kind of noisy when used near the MXT. So thought I would check out the DX1 to see how I like it. Got it for real good price.
I'm looking forward to using the 10"DD excel coil to see how it works in heavy trash, I have been using the 6X10 and it is a good coil I like it a lot. I have done a little air testing with both and don't see any difference in depth but as we all know real world is stranger than fiction some times. I can't remeber where I herd that round DD get more depth than elliptical DD or even if that is what I herd. Some of us seasoned guys get the CRS syndrome you know.Any way stay tuned for more of what I find out.
HH all
C

Hey COLORADO, We could use some of that cool wx down here in FL. Last nite the temp was 80 deg. at 8PM. At 1 PM today it was 92 deg. :ranting: We aren't due any cooler wx for a week yet. Then It might get down to 75 or so.:rant: HH and GB. KC

floridason :usaa: retired.

MXT,DX-1 +4 coils.

Colorado, let us know how it works. I to run a 6x10 dd eclipse & have been looking for a coilthat will give me more depth. I thought they made a 8" coil for the mxt but I can't find it.

Hey Bula they did make a Excelerator 8 inch Double D coil for the mxt I have one but haven't used it but once . It is made by Detech here is a picture of it . I got mine with my detector when I bought it used I also use the 6x10 most of the time now and the 4x6 shooter . I thought I saw this once on Kellyco's coil list but don't see it anymore so maybe they replaced production of it with the 10 inch not sure .
Colorado keep your snow up there we don't want it in Missouri had rain all day today . I looked on Detechs site and couldn't find it on there for the MXT ether there was a 8 inch on there but not for the MXT ... .

Harold

The Excelerator 10" DD and dx-1 probe is what I use as well, and it is a great combo. One thing that I noticed with that coil is that it made me dig a whole lot more bottlecaps, that were coming up as pennies. If you have a suspect penny signal, switch to your probe and then check it again, if it still comes up as a coin then dig. The dx-1 probe is great for this sort of situation because it discriminates as well. It is all snowbound here in Montana as well, and I fear that my chance for another pre-snow hunt has passed. Hope you like that combo and hope that you get warm and out again soon.
HH

arizonaames said:
What a Whimp!!!! The detector will work in the snow and so too a pick!:detecting:
LOL Az I draw the line at 0 F for hunting. the wind chill was -6 F.I hunt year round here in Colorado, I have been out when I felt like the Michlin Man I had so much on to stay warm. I live at 6808 ft above sea level here.I should have suited up and ran out with the detector so it looked like I was being stupid detecting in a blizard.:detecting: Problem is the snow gets blown in the holes of tne detector and shorts out :( .
HH
C

Well, we here in Indiana are just glad you guys got it and not us!:rofl:
Unfortunately with my luck it probably WILL snow, but just at my house!:sadwalk:
Katz