Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All that glitters is not gold...or silver.

jim tn

Well, hundred dollar bills don't glitter, but they non the less look pretty darn good just laying there on a curb strip or street.

I started this hobby in 1972, 50 years ago, and have found a goodly number of paper money over the years, but never a $100.00 bill. Have found all the denominations up to $100.00, but never a hundred. Until this summer! I have recently found two one hundred dollar bills in the last two or so months. And both at schools, one a middle school and the other a high school. And both in the schools parking lots, nearby by where I had parked. One was laying up on a narrow grass strip in front of where cars park and the other lying on the concrete about where a vehicle would park.

Took each to my bank and both were legal tender. A lot less knee bends finding money in the form of paper bills. Good luck out there. HH jim tn

Well, hundred dollar bills don't glitter, but they non the less look pretty darn good just laying there on a curb strip or street.

I started this hobby in 1972, 50 years ago, and have found a goodly number of paper money over the years, but never a $100.00 bill. Have found all the denominations up to $100.00, but never a hundred. Until this summer! I have recently found two one hundred dollar bills in the last two or so months. And both at schools, one a middle school and the other a high school. And both in the schools parking lots, nearby by where I had parked. One was laying up on a narrow grass strip in front of where cars park and the other lying on the concrete about where a vehicle would park.

Took each to my bank and both were legal tender. A lot less knee bends finding money in the form of paper bills. Good luck out there. HH jim tn
Wow! Maybe drug transactions in a drug-free school zone 🫢 in any case, you win!

I remember a guy that used to be on this forum named " Mudpuppy" this guy was a hoot to say the least, he once found six hundred and fifty dollars wrapped up in a roll. His advice was to find chain link fence and hunt the up wind side of them.
Nice find Jim, that will cover lunch for both of us at a fancy restaurant.

When people say to me 'I always wanted to do that' my first reply is 'Have you ever found a $20 bill ??? $10 ??? NO, then dont try this hobby !!!!!
You just have to be the kind of person that finds things. Most people when walking across a parking lot are looking straight up. Im sure just about everyone on this forum walks, looking down.

Ive found my share of $20's but nothing bigger. Just never know when ones going to pop out. Beginning of the season, Im walking down the wet sand and I see something in the sand, further away. As I get closer, I could it was a paper money. Then, I grabbed the $20. Oh very nice morning. I can go home now !!!! :jump: :jump:

My mother use to say, 'I step in it all the time!!!'

Best of luck to all

HH
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 59

2 in one year !!! Congrats. That will make a mighty fine dinner in some fancy restaurant.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I remember a guy that used to be on this forum named " Mudpuppy" this guy was a hoot to say the least, he once found six hundred and fifty dollars wrapped up in a roll. His advice was to find chain link fence and hunt the up wind side of them.
Nice find Jim, that will cover lunch for both of us at a fancy restaurant.
I miss mudpuppy he was funny.
Yep fences are a great place to go hunting. Now if I can find a few hundred dollar bills…😂

Jim, I tell my wife that people who metal detect are trained to look down. She always laughs at me for constantly looking down for money. I bet she wouldn't laugh at you!

people who metal detect are trained to look down.
Looking down and finding things I believe comes naturally to those of us that detect.....and maybe dog walkers, too. LOL

I hunt an old park off and on and for years have seen this older fellow walking with his two dogs. Besides getting himself and his four legged friends some exercise and fresh air, he also carries a fair size plastic bag and picks up any trash he comes upon....and occasionally, something of value. Every so often we chat for a few minutes and exchange some of our most recent and notable finds. Over the years I know he has found (and returned) 5 wallets along with a few jewelry finds and numerous bills of various denominations. He said the valuable finds started coming when he started picking up whatever trash he came upon. So RLOH, tell your wife it pays to look down as one walks along. We detector swingers know this and probably some dog walking trash picker uppers as well. HH jim tn

The first part of our old driveway (sold off when the street cut across the top of the hill) used to produce cash for my kids when WallyWorld built. They put up a chain link fence next to the road and we were down wind from the store. Kids had to walk a quarter mile in from the bus stop and the fence was probably a 100 yards. They made some pretty good cash! I wonder how much they really made tho…..

Wow very cool I was dating my soon to be wife and we were hiking when we both saw some bills on the ground my wife bent down and picked them up it was $40.00!
Then on our honeymoon in NH I was at a fireworks store and coming out I saw a bill blowing across the parking lot so I stepped on it and Lori picked it up it was a $100.00 bill!!!
I went in the store and asked if anyone lost any money and they all said no and the owner said I bet it was the guy from Maine he came in with a pocket full of $100.00 bills and had since left.
That was the only time I ever found a $100.00 bill fun time! Here’s a pic of me right after finding it.

Attachments

• 373ACB2A-784C-4C57-B06B-128C074BDFF3.jpeg
    373ACB2A-784C-4C57-B06B-128C074BDFF3.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 58