Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All the hype , but no actual usage here

joe klecz

Watching videos of over seas digging and recovering Roman coins isn’t proving anything to civil war relic hunters ,, come on Minelab we buy a fair amount of your GPX series machines to penetrate the hot ground ,that still contains a lot of relics, just out of reach of the VLF machines,, based upon the articles and videos on the Equinox a multi frequency machine thats suppose to handle hot orange soils ?? And still get tremendous depth ? That would be a great combo,,so Minelab again why no videos of digging in red orange dirt here in the good ole USA Compared to your GPX 5000 and Whites TDI or perhaps a Garrett ATX some real life side by side comparisons ,,currently owning a GPX 5000 and a few vlf’s land usage and waterproof types itwould truly be nice to have a one unit that offered the best of both worlds ,, but the old adage if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,,, prove it ,and the biggest secret , the release date Wow

Joe..... you really think this machine could get anywhere near a PI depth in hot ground? Any time a machine has to process a signal its not going to get that kind of depth. BUT.... i know your frustration........ as a salt water hunter in Fl, ive been waiting to see something with it in the water. That quick blurb....... ya it works didnt answer many questions. Took me several years before i bought the CTX...... just because there was another machine as good for my style of hunting. Looks like we are going to have to pre order and take a real chance ....... or wait and see.

I'd almost bet that someone has been using it in hot Va. ground and just waiting for Minelab to give them the go on posting the results.

I'm waiting for Digger's report in mild ground. Wanting to see if it does actually have fast recovery with M-F operation that can open up old sites.

It does seem odd that most of their testers are over seas hardly any in the USA I was willing to be one for them on the New England oceans but no response.

I wonder if it is really being targeted for the over seas crowed myself but time will tell.

That 1/8" h.p. plug tells you something!:angry:
greenmeanie said:
It does seem odd that most of their testers are over seas hardly any in the USA I was willing to be one for them on the New England oceans but no response.

I wonder if it is really being targeted for the over seas crowed myself but time will tell.

joe klecz said:
Watching videos of over seas digging and recovering Roman coins isn’t proving anything to civil war relic hunters ,, come on Minelab we buy a fair amount of your GPX series machines to penetrate the hot ground ,that still contains a lot of relics, just out of reach of the VLF machines,, based upon the articles and videos on the Equinox a multi frequency machine thats suppose to handle hot orange soils ?? And still get tremendous depth ? That would be a great combo,,so Minelab again why no videos of digging in red orange dirt here in the good ole USA Compared to your GPX 5000 and Whites TDI or perhaps a Garrett ATX some real life side by side comparisons ,,currently owning a GPX 5000 and a few vlf’s land usage and waterproof types itwould truly be nice to have a one unit that offered the best of both worlds ,, but the old adage if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,,, prove it ,and the biggest secret , the release date Wow

I relic hunt in that red Virginia soil too, I use the gpx 4800. I have the same interest and questions as you, but I have talked directly to someone that did get to play with one of the prototypes for a Day there in that soil. It would Id correctly a 3 ring minie ball to 5-6”. Deeper than that it would still report The bullet audibly with no target id info. It was compared head to head to the new at max, the max would Id as iron even at the 5-6” range where the nox was consistent with a “good” Id number. Now it will never replace the gpx In That soil, but as anyone that hunts there knows, there are situations (heavy iron laden camps, old home sites, woods with lots of modern trash) where this would definetly be a useful tool in the toolbox. I know this isn’t from Minelab, but you can take that info I relayed about it in that hot soil to the bank, this was from a dealer that knows his or her “stuff”.

But where it will shine is in those areas you can't put your GPX coil down for it nulling for several feet due to all the ration can pieces, cut nails, etc. At the Brandy Rock farm one year, I kept a Fisher F19 in my backpack and hunted with the GPX til I hit such an area. Then I would pull the 19 out and let it do it's magic. It didn't go anywhere near as deep as the GPX but I pulled the better relics of my hunt with it out of the null patches....a half dozen Eagle A buttons, some ringtail sharps bullets, and a fattie Indian cent....all within a few inches deep in the heavy nails, barrel bands, and ration can pieces.

I am really excited about the Nox. People do have them in the US but they are still being limited to what they can and cannot say. Minelab is smart enough to know that any reports or videos from these guys/gals will be met with scrutiny and unbelief, as everyone will try to pick apart what they say and show and say it is just propaganda, biased, etc.

Daniel Tn said:
But where it will shine is in those areas you can't put your GPX coil down for it nulling for several feet due to all the ration can pieces, cut nails, etc. At the Brandy Rock farm one year, I kept a Fisher F19 in my backpack and hunted with the GPX til I hit such an area. Then I would pull the 19 out and let it do it's magic. It didn't go anywhere near as deep as the GPX but I pulled the better relics of my hunt with it out of the null patches....a half dozen Eagle A buttons, some ringtail sharps bullets, and a fattie Indian cent....all within a few inches deep in the heavy nails, barrel bands, and ration can pieces.

I am really excited about the Nox. People do have them in the US but they are still being limited to what they can and cannot say. Minelab is smart enough to know that any reports or videos from these guys/gals will be met with scrutiny and unbelief, as everyone will try to pick apart what they say and show and say it is just propaganda, biased, etc.
F19 picking thru the iron maybe I like that idea,, yes waiting to see what it’s capable of when they decide to let us buy it I definitely won’t buy one till relic hunters put out comment

joe klecz said:
Bla Bla Bla based upon some resent posts on here folks getting irritated with the dragging of the feet by Minelab the feeding frenzy is fast disappearing

joe klecz said:
joe klecz said:
Bla Bla Bla based upon some resent posts on here folks getting irritated with the dragging of the feet by Minelab the feeding frenzy is fast disappearing

I AGREE!