Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"All those tourists covered with oil"--NOT!!!

A

Anonymous

Predictions were for the high forties on the coast of Maine, they just forgot to mention that the forties also applied to the onshore wind gusts. Ogunquit beach was badly sanded in, must be the wind blew it all over from the Netherlands last night.
Pretty bleak, about $2.50 in change with a '57 Jeff being the only mildly interesting piece. Got so bored at times I began digging iffy targets.
Zinc cents continue to be my nemesis, see the shovel photo. They hit so hard and deep you think it is a silver dollar. If I have to send the CZ-20 in for repair again, I am going to ask that they install the backhoe option!
The 2000 Canadian dime was interesting. At 9" rings as a high tone, at 6" a mid-tone, and up close as a low tone. So much for ID'ing one in the ground, for a minute I thought I had three targets in the hole.
BarnacleBill

Get a Garrett Infinium! I dig nickles 18 to 20 inches and got a few 20 plus inches.I am not complaining it will find gold deep to.Good hunting,Joe

Hey Joe if I were digging gold rings that deep I wouldn't mind. But corroded zincs? By the way, how do you like the Infinium? Do you have the patience to use it all the time at the beach? Or do you break out a VLF in high trash areas?
The new Eric Foster PI loks like it has promise of Iron disc. But at $2K+ a copy it should also clean and roll your coins! That's out of the hobby, and into make a living price range.
BarnacleBill

Hey Bill! I do like the infinium for wet sand hunting but still learning it for water hunting. If it is rough the Excalibur come out. The Infinium works with a high/low tone and a lo/high tone. The high/low tone is for gold,nickle,zincs and aluminum but byproduct steel like steel cap and washers also hit here. If you take the time to use iron check you will eliminate most of these steel by reverse Discrimation. Other target like clad,silver,copper and most iron come up with a low/high tone. You guess it I only listen for the High/low signals. I have used it in the dry but prefer a lighter unit like the 250. I have only found 5 peices of gold but I have not hunted hard till resently. I am still learning this machine but I feel I have got pretty good hang of it. We are coming to more summer like condition so I will be getting a lot more time in the water.I will be post my find.Maybe the good and bad so others can see what type of targets I dig with it. I was in a lot of iron but only dug a hand full. The machine does take patient and is a slow swinging machine but I will take the extra depth with good coverage.I am hope to be able to get goods even on bad day. Any questions to ask or email me I will do my best to helps you,Good hunting,Joe