Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Almost didn't dig this silver quarter

nealcat

Because of what was in the hole with it. Really didn't sound all that good and the vdi numbers were jumping around, except in one narrow direction I got a good steady hi tone with vdi of 85. I thought this needs investigating . Dug a three inch by three inch plug and out popped this 1963 silver quarter. I thought " what made that thing sound that way?" Scanned the dirt pyle and the hole with my propointer and found a wheatie, a memorial penny and a Jefferson nickel in there with it! The ATPro and 5X8 DD had done it again!

Nice... Yep, always listen to what the detector is tell you. I run in PRO mode, custom...Disc set at 35. Iron audio off. Always the same settings, no matter the area I'm hunting. There is an old section of a beach I hunt when Im bored. There is sooooo much trash that the detector never, ever shuts up....but every time I work it I cherry pick a wheatie or two from out of all the garbage. I never bother to look at the numbers when working that area. I just listen very closely for a momentary sweet sound hidden in all the garbage chatter. Other detectorists avoid this area like the plague...LOL. One of these days I will try out the Sniper coil in that area. I bought that coil a year ago and never tried it out...always run the stock coil.

Congrats on the sweet silver! So I guess you like the little 5x8.

Great pocket spill, that's my kind of hole! I hear you about going low & slow & picking out the sweet tones in trashy areas. I'm getting better at that - sometimes I only cover a few square yards in the ghost town bottle & trash dumps I've been working - every time I cover it from another direction I get a few new signals.

Great job on the silver. Sometimes you just have to dig those borderline signals. I hit a spill yesterday that had a quarter nickel penny and it sounded strange but good.

Congrats on the silver! I think I will put the 5x8 on Marsha's AT for tonights hunt and see how it does.