Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Almost Didn't Hunt

timwied

[attachment 345620 Pendant.JPG][attachment 345614 U.S.JPG][attachment 345615 U.SMilitary.JPG][attachment 345621 SecretService.JPG]

Went to a permission that we had hunted before, but didn't find too much. But last year they had cattle on it and it was perfect, grass was about 1/2 inch tall! So we decided to give it another try, after traveling about 40 miles to get there, we noticed they had taken the cattle off of it several weeks ago and the grass this time was about a foot tall! Almost turned around, but I walked up to take a look at it, there was some areas that was bluegrass and not too tall, maybe a couple inches, so Keith and I decided to hunt for a while. Dug a few holes and found small pieces of brass, then I hit a pretty good hit, maybe a wheatie, I thought, since it's an older place. Dug it and first thing I saw was U.S!!! Sterling!!! Awesome!!! OK! I told Keith, it WAS worth the trip! I think it's an Officer's collar pin? It has a Sterling mark. Always love seeing that!
Then I found a couple of other interesting pieces, and Keith found this really Cool "Best Ever Secret Service Club" Button Stud or Cufflink!
I was trying to date the U.S, I found a Civil War brass bridle bit U.S Emblem before and it also had U.S , with no period after the S? When I googled it, seems like WWI and WWII US emblems had a period after the S. Anyone know for sure what era it was from?
The pendant has an oriental lady on it? So it turned out to be a good couple hour hunt! We were very pleased!!! Sorry the pictures are sideways? New phone! They are correct on my computer.

It would seem wrong to not have a period after the S. Does it appear broken off?

Howdy timwied--

You dug some really interesting and neat finds. Congratulations on a good hunt! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

coast40 said:
It would seem wrong to not have a period after the S. Does it appear broken off?
That's what I first thought, but it isn't. Here is a picture of the Civil War Bridle Bit Emblem.

Some pretty fantastic finds congrats

Thanks guys! It's always a little thrill thinking about what might come up from the hole your about to dig!!!