Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Almost joined the gold coin club. XP Deus finds gold!

robez509

Wife and I pounding the old park, it keeps producing.
Not sure if it's the recent rains or what but targets are jumping in areas we've hit before.

We were back out early this morning, plenty of dew and lots of fresh air.

After an hour of hunting and just a few clad coins for our efforts we took a coffee break and were about to call it a day.
The wife is a die-hard treasure hunter and would not give up so easy, so we headed to a part of the park with some old trees and picnic area.

My Deus was getting a ton of emi and the ground balance had dropped to about 84 from my normal 90. The emi was coming from nearby power lines.

I started skipping the zinc signals and concentrated on deep targets just then I got a vdi of 71 and 1/10 on the depth gauge, audio was no help due to the emi, so I dug.

4-5" deep my pin-pointer located the target I dug well below while leveraging the dirt with the Leche digger, I expected a wheatie, when my pin-pointer confirmed the target was out of the hole.
I crumbled the dirt and all that remained in my hand was a golden small coin looking thing. GOLD COIN!!! I yell, in my brain. For some odd reason I can never get too excited when I find something significant like those 2 idiots on tv.
As I always, every time I make a good find I quickly toss it over to the boss! :inlove: It gets me a ton of brownie points, what can i say?
She is amazed and tosses it right back, it's gold but not a coin. Oh well its gold, gold, gold,gold!! I get a smooch :cheekkiss: and we continue.

A few minutes later she can't contain her excitement and calls me over a few feet away. I say "don't dig it out I want to get a reading from my detector"
she waits patiently as I try to get a read on it but emi and ground balance being off I cant get a good read on it even tho I can see it. Its a silver dime, maybe a Barber or Merc.
I power off my unit and power off my head phones, complete restart. Emi still unforgiving, I now get a 74 but statiky. She finally pulls it out of the ground and to our surprise,
it's about 5cents worth of a dime. :rofl: a cut in half Mercury! She is devastated, cruel joke she said. I told her its silver and better than nothing.

All in all we had a blast this morning!

Good luck and happy hunting.

PS,

Also, we would love to hear more of yus guys treasure hunts.

It cleaned up pretty good, tested 10k.

Baked on dirt.

nice finds! congrats. You can drop the tx down to 1 and raise the freq to 17 kh and lower the sensitivity to 86 and that might help some place are just awful though. One place I couldnt do much with my 11 so I put on my 9 in coil and was alot better.

Sounds like you two had a great day metal detecting and congrats on your gold & half Merc finds. Thanks for sharing & wish you two many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Congrats on a successful hunt! Congrats on the gold & 1/2 merc finds.

Congratz on a great hunt, but the real Treasure is your time shared with your spouse enjoying the day. :thumbup:

Cool digs.
The half dime was probably hit by a lawn mower. I found one this past spring while park hunting.