Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Almost lost my remote in the surf !!!!

Donna(NJ

Was digging a target and noticed the remote in the sand. I put it in my pocket real quick. Going from dry to wet sand, I said to myself, put the remote in your pocket
but I forgot. What are you guys using to secure the remote ?? I think I saw DooDad guy had something. I had that little, thin clip thing on in the beggining but then the headphone jack, cap,
lead broke. The pouch that came with the unit is a bit bulky to hang around the neck. I may have to go back to the old days of not using the meter. Just dig by sound. However, I hate having to dig a foot for a rotten zinc ???

Friend suggested adjust tone break but then I could miss gold. Just found this 22k ring after 4th. Band was broken and rang up in high 70's. previous 22k wedding band rang up in the zinc range on my Nox.
Would like to keep the remote on the stem. Suggestions

TIA,
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 78
Was digging a target and noticed the remote in the sand. I put it in my pocket real quick. Going from dry to wet sand, I said to myself, put the remote in your pocket
but I forgot. What are you guys using to secure the remote ?? I think I saw DooDad guy had something. I had that little, thin clip thing on in the beggining but then the headphone jack, cap,
lead broke. The pouch that came with the unit is a bit bulky to hang around the neck. I may have to go back to the old days of not using the meter. Just dig by sound. However, I hate having to dig a foot for a rotten zinc ???

Friend suggested adjust tone break but then I could miss gold. Just found this 22k ring after 4th. Band was broken and rang up in high 70's. previous 22k wedding band rang up in the zinc range on my Nox.
Would like to keep the remote on the stem. Suggestions

TIA,
Donna(NJ

Mine came off the stem, unnoticed, while transporting it from my vehicle to the hotel room. Αlmost an hour later, I decided to go over some settings and I realized it was GONE! Panic! Retraced my steps, and there it was, on the ground outside the side entrance I came through. Fortunately it was an early check in, low volume of traffic, and a side entrance with even less foot traffic. Since then, if it’s on the stem, whether in the home or not, it‘s tethered. Always. No excuses. No shortcuts. Ever. If I were to keep it in a pocket, as suggested above use a lanyard and attach it to the tether on the remote. As an extra precaution, I got a detector doodads stem mount, and…I still tether the remote. I bought a lightweight nylon protective cover in lieu of using the cover that came with remote.

I have the doodads shoe lock which is stronger but not foolproof- a jolt will still dislodge it, just bigger than without. I also have the lanyard attached to the shaft end and to the remote cover. Don’t take chances. It’s disappointing XP didn’t improve the shoe design and make a locking device on the XP Deus 2.

I ordered the Doodad device two weeks ago (among other items) and still haven't received it. E-mailed twice. No response. The order was confirmed the day I placed the order. Anyone know what's going on? Sick, vacation, etc.?? Thanks for looking.

So is the lanyard mentioned that comes with the Deaus that little 2 piece plastic clip with some short twine attached? Can see that working but think I'll add some length to it. Wondered what that was for!
I also ordered the Doodad mod a week ago and got an order confirmation but nothing else yet.

I ordered the Doodad device two weeks ago (among other items) and still haven't received it. E-mailed twice. No response. The order was confirmed the day I placed the order. Anyone know what's going on? Sick, vacation, etc.?? Thanks for looking.
I also ordered items from Doodad in early June, I received them but, the charging block for the Deus 2 was defective, emailed and the reply was out of town will take care of when I get back, nothing, emailed again and was told their was a fire in the shop I will send out in 2 days, nothing, emails since then, nothing. I see I'm not the only one having problems.

Yes it is. I added some cable tie around the grip and slung one of the twines around it to give it more clearance, the other one goes through the hole on the remote. The clip is a kind of quick release to avoid having to fiddle with knots if you need to remove the remote for charging, updating, carrying in the pocket or whatever.