Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Along the Waterfront... "Double trouble"

Ron J

When going to the Docks in East Boston to board the Nantucket, I get to see many great sites, and a lot of different vessels.
This particular vessel, named Capt's Quarters isn't going to see water, anytime soon.... The port and starboard props, shafts and struts have some issues! The Dual rudders are bent and the keel is damaged. I do not know the story of what happened.
I admit, I have bent a prop or two over the years, but I have never, ever, seen props damaged like this! The Starboard prop, looks like it was stuck down a tapered pipe at high revolutions!! Personally, looking at the age of the boat and the damage, this one will be heading to a scrapper.
Rj :usaflag:

Yeah! Looks like he tried to take the shortcut over the breakwall at high tide and at full speed! I'll tell you, you see these guys around here on the river going 70mph in a 20' bassboat in thin water I'd be scared to paddle through. I am sure they have no idea the disasterous logs waiting to eat a prop that are hidden below the surface. Some people have been around boats and water their whole life, and have a pretty good respect for both, and then others grow up, get a little money, go out and buy a Stratos with a 250hp motor, with no idea how dangerous that speed can be. That pic is a reminder.
Mud

Seen a few broken, one or two bent... but nothing like that!!

Calm seas

Micheal