Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Along the Waterfront... The Schooner "ADVENTURE"

Ron J

The Adventure is a 122 foot Schooner, built in 1926,at the famous Shipyards at Essex Massachusetts, about 10 miles from Gloucester. Here She is, on the Gloucester Marine Railways, having some hull planking replaced. The Vessel is the Flagship of Gloucester. If you ever viewed the movie, Captains Courageous, you would see just how tough fishing was back then, and how brave the Crew were.
Rj :usaflag:

Made of steel, built in 1877, she sailed the world carrying cargo. Gavelston Historical society owns Her. Really nice! Never knew of that vessel before.
Wow, She is the official Tall Ship of Texas, but in trouble. The hull is in need of much repair, due to electrolysis , eating the iron. Just reading about her, she was due to be dry docked last year, 2012. Wonder how they made out, that takes a lot of money.

I built a dory based off that movie Capt Courageous..the best and fastest row boat I ever built! It would outrun racing kayaks with ease.
sold it to a lady in the state of Washington. It was also the easiest boat I ever built.[attachment 255236 rowboat.jpg]
Mud

n/t