Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alpha vs Ace 150

Eric

Anyone knows if these 2 detectors work similar? I know the Ace 150 is really not bad. What about the Alpha?

Thanks, Eric.

I have not used the Delta but from my research (other users of the Delta) the 4000
will probably out preform the Ace 250 and MOST CERTAINLY the Ace 150. Don't get me wrong. I like the
Garrett machines but I do believe the extra money for the Delta 4000 will be worth the money.
I plan to get the 4000 with my tax return.

I had the Delta and I have to admit it is a good detector. I'm just looking for a cheap detector with a good performance. Must not miss anything within 6 inches on farmfields. I don't mind notches or many buttons and possibilities. Just simple reasonable performance.

Thanks, Eric.

Eric said:
Anyone knows if these 2 detectors work similar? I know the Ace 150 is really not bad. What about the Alpha?
The "work similar" in that they lack an All Metal mode and are bottom-priced, turn-on-and-go simple detectors. The Ace 150 "is not bad" for many people because it is inexpensive and simple. Then, there is the Alpha. :)

I know this is a Teknetics Forum, but I post my personal opinions wherever and I could give the same answers on the Garrett Forum or any other. I found the Alpha to be a surprise for the dollar because it performs quite similar to the Delta in the Discriminate mode. better still, when comparing with the Ace 150 is the fact that the Alpha is a quicker-response/faster-recovery model, whereas the Ace 150 has the delayed response like the Ace 250.

Eric said:
I had the Delta and I have to admit it is a good detector. I'm just looking for a cheap detector with a good performance. Must not miss anything within 6 inches on farmfields. I don't mind notches or many buttons and possibilities. Just simple reasonable performance.
Personally I would (and do) own the Delta for simple work, and I prefer a more featured model that has Ground Balance adjustment and incremental (variable) Discrimination control such as the Omega.

But, if you liked the Delta, and you want simple but functional performance in the Discriminate mode, the Alpha is a good pick.

Monte

Thanks Monte, I'll get the Alpha. Need a cheap back up that does a good job. I liked the Delta as well when I had it. Too bad I sold it.

HH, Eric.