Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alright! Now I'm getting somewhere with this thing!

The Wolf

Headed out with the new Deus yesterday to a couple Civil War camps. I must say I'm quite impressed. Last week I was concerned about a few things, but my worries are now behind me. This machine is one awesome piece of equipment. I'm getting more comfortable setting it up and I'm sure it will only get better. The coil battery issue I had last week seemed to fix itself this time. Must've just been user error. :rolleyes: I'm also getting more used to what big iron sounds like, which will be nice once I figure it out completely.

The spots that we hit have been hunted before, one of which has been pounded by every type of detector imaginable. I still managed to find the goods, and I was pointing my buddy, with his F75 SE in the right areas to hunt. Now don't get me wrong, the F75 is one mean relic machine, and he always out-hunts me. But this time the Deus seemed to have the upper hand, and it was able to pick out the finds better, even at decent depth.

I ended up with three 3-ringers, a William's Cleaner, a shot CS Gardner, a shirt button (Petersburg Shirt Co), a super-tiny button with gilt and nice detail, percussion cap, shell casing, pewter finial of some sort, and a strange brass piece with nice detail.

My buddy found a 3-ringer.......+1 for the Deus!

Wow great finds!

Now think of all the "Hunted out" spots you will get goodies from! I keep going back to those places and get the missed stuff.

Jim

I was running one of my custom programs "Wolf Pro"

12KHz
Disc 7.5
Sens 88
Iron Vol 2
Reactivity 2
Silencer -1
3 Tones, 202, 518, & 644
TX 2
Audio Respone 3
Audio Overload 1
Notch 0
Ground Balance
Pumping then manual to find a good average
Ground Notch 84-90

I also tried all the same settings with the 18KHz and pick out a could of the bullets

I was surprised that the targets came in so loud, and that was true for all the targets, lead and brass. It seems that the field of detection (radius around the coil) is much more sensitive than the F75se. Making it easier to catch those targets at the end of your swings.

Anyone know the closest tones freqs to a F75?

Thanks for all the tips guys.
HH- MIke