Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alternative Detector Support_ Quick make_ Snap on.

ivanll

DetectorSupport.jpg

but it was mentioned earlier that you could just purchase the top armcup and use it on the bottom as the base by simply reversing it and it fit perfectly. Prehaps the individual that posted that setup could put a picture on here of his.

I made the exact same support for my X - 70 back a few months ago and have been using it ever since. I made mine out of heavy plastic. It works great, in fact I have made a number of them for guys in my club. It's simple and cheap to make.

Blink

Is it just me or am I the only one that just does not have trouble? What is everyone doing to make their X-70 fall over?

Actually I do not use a detector rest stand or support as the arm rest is attached to a teeter cord on my belt, makes it easier to use both hands when digging on a beach or in a water stream.
It was merely an experiment to see how fast and easy it could be done, the pictures are there if it might be of use to someone.
The rubber one only takes a few minutes to make and is kind of self adjusting so it don't rub the body.

P8302569.jpg

Goes4ever said:
Is it just me or am I the only one that just does not have trouble? What is everyone doing to make their X-70 fall over?
You are not alone. When I read reams of post from people who are so concerned about keeping the control box out of the dirt, I think oh please. Just lay it on it's side. Laying it down on it's side is not like you are grinding it into the mud.

Android said:
Goes4ever said:
You are not alone. When I read reams of post from people who are so concerned about keeping the control box out of the dirt, I think oh please. Just lay it on it's side. Laying it down on it's side is not like you are grinding it into the mud.
well I sit mine upright and it does not fall over!?

mitwes56 said:
but it was mentioned earlier that you could just purchase the top armcup and use it on the bottom as the base by simply reversing it and it fit perfectly. Prehaps the individual that posted that setup could put a picture on here of his.

That was me. However, it was my brother in California that actually did it. His computer is down for the count so..he can't send send me a picture to post here. He used the, arm cup from an old White's and he says it works perfect. However, I have found that if you just tighten your coil tight enough to maintain proper position and then give a slight push as you are placing the detector down, it will force the coil almost level with the rod and will prevent almost all tip overs. Try it it works!

Hey, Ivanll. Fantastic ingenuity...did I spell that right?...Whats really interesting is your lanyard. I was watching a video the other day and the guy had a lanyard on his detector. Never used it during the video but made me curiouser as heck as to what it was for.. you just helped alleviate that. I actually never worry to much about my unit. I have a cover on it and with my headphones attached I just kinda lay it aside to dig. I never installed the set screw on the controller when I assembled it and once in awhile the controller will cant off to one side....still better that, than making it rigid to the point that it snaps instead of detaching itself a bit. I'm a bit hard on stuff....my mom used to call me Gomez after the character on the Adams Family that blew up his toy trains. I'm with goes4ever as I love the thing....still, I must applaud your ingenuity. I was up late last night when you first posted the pic with the flexible conduit....thought, wow. Great idea. There are a lot of people out there that don't want their xterra falling over and it is obviously an issue judging from the amount of posts and even the aftermarket little stands sold on ebay. I attached pictures of an area I work for gold... Imagine trying to keep a detector in one position here.

Thank you kindly for the reply.
Interesting countryside you visit; a place for time off in companionship of a well fed 4 footed friend. I like it.
A lanyard is fitted to all of my detectors got into the habit since 1980 when first beach hunting, it is a permanent fixture on all my water detectors and to me it is essential when surf hunting.
When prospecting I like to use both my hands on the pick when there is a need to do so.

He's getting old. He's been moving pretty slow lately. Arthritus is setting in. I have to leave him home now and then to recouperate. I was out in the goldfields today and there must have been a mountain lion about. Buddy (my Dog) had wondered off while I was nugget hunting. I caught a blur of movement off to one side and it was my dog running for all he's worth. I didnt spot a cat but he dose'nt run from anything else. I've had mountain lions circle me while I've hiked. They can be pretty bold if their hungry. One guy just south of me was attacked and eaten last year while he was bathing in a stream just below his cabin....the cat had draged his carcass back into the brush quite a ways. It took everyone a few days to track the body down. I can't imagine getting one on me. Its my only hang up while detecting with headphones....cats and snakes. The rattlers don't get out of your way here. I carry a revolver with a combination of snake loads and bullets. I've just missed stepping on a few snakes... Their rattle is out of my hearing range, sounds like air coming out of a tire to me. If I see them first, no problem, I just go around them. If their big though, I'll usually shoot it and take it home. Started eatting them last year. Better than chicken and almost all meat. Gotta be big though. My dog does alright around them...he grew up in snake country. I tell all my friends that the desert is the greatest place in the world but almost everything in it can either bite, sting, or poke you. Misquite and cactus thorns, hornets, biteing flies, centipeeds, scorpions, snakes, coyotes, and the usual bug of the month. I never thought I'd get used to it but I'll probably never leave. Anyway, good luck to you. Happy hunting. Tortoise

Sorry But I am unable to post pictures at the present time of the top arm cup being used. It dose work good, it dose fit a little snug in the carrying case.

Some of the Ideas above that snap on to the shaft might work better because they pivot parrell to the shaft for storage in the case.