Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alternative grips for F75?

abcoin

I have a T2 as well as a (pre-DST) F75. They're both great machines in many respects.

One thing I don't like are the foam grips that both machines use. They get dirty really easily in the field and hard impossible to clean thoroughly.

Does anyone use a cover/alternative grip on their machines? I remember seeing someone a few years back with a leather cover over the grip on a T2 that looked cool and provided lots of protection. I'm curious if anyone knows where to get one of those/knows of something similarly hefty you can buy that would provide similar protection?

I have seen tennis racket handle tape used.

I had a couple 75s and was always disappointed by the cheapo foam wrap and the wobbly control head especially for what was once a $1000 flagship machine. When the first handle became too dirty to stand i peeled it off and used a small pool noodle wrapped with that self adhering vet wrap stuff. I never used the second one enough to do anything but convince me I made the right decision when I sold the first one.

I had a couple 75s and was always disappointed by the cheapo foam wrap and the wobbly control head especially for what was once a $1000 flagship machine. When the first handle became too dirty to stand i peeled it off and used a small pool noodle wrapped with that self adhering vet wrap stuff. I never used the second one enough to do anything but convince me I made the right decision when I sold the first one.

I love it. And no worries about getting it wet when you need to clean it.

Also, I really love the pistol grip idea, but you're right, it's not very stable. I recently picked up an F70, which has the control box mounted directly to the shaft. You lose the trigger pinpoint/GB but gain a solid machine.

The foam grip on my 75 camo came loose and rotates. Never really bothered me though. It really don't effect the overall performance. But..since you mentioned it. I may try your suggestions!!.. hhricknmi

I haven't tried this on my F75 but my E-Trac grip gave up several years ago and I used this thin mouse pad material. I tried items that didn't help or last and this mouse pad material seems to be the best way to go for me.
Here is some pictures to give an idea of what to do and use and how it turned out.
Hope this helps,
Ron in WV IMG_8984.jpgIMG_8985.jpgIMG_8986.jpg

Now that looks nice.. hhricknmi

Huh, that's one of the things I like most about the f75 is the grip.As the guys said above, you could use non stick tennis racket handle wrap , walmart sells a 3 pack for like $6. Ive used them alot and they're really good