Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Always be ready..

Always..Lookin

Even metal detecting,she had no idea what I was.

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

Stuff like that is fun, but don't kid yourself, she knew you were there. She just didn't feel you were a sufficient threat initially.

I get a kick when I'm sitting in the woods still as a statue, and one walks up within about 6ft with its eyes and ears focused on my position and starts stomping the ground to try to get me to move, so they can figure out what I am. About then, I'm wondering why the sound of my heart thumping in my chest louder than anything else doesn't give me away.

Stuff like that is fun, but don't kid yourself, she knew you were there. She just didn't feel you were a sufficient threat initially.

I get a kick when I'm sitting in the woods still as a statue, and one walks up within about 6ft with its eyes and ears focused on my position and starts stomping the ground to try to get me to move, so they can figure out what I am. About then, I'm wondering why the sound of my heart thumping in my chest louder than anything else doesn't give me away.
She knew I was there,and yes I was not perceived as a threat.The same deer came back,at 22 seconds she winded me.

That's pretty good! Whitetails are usually very spooky. Kind of like the guy who says only two things scare my horse, things that move and things that don't. We have mule deer here that are much easier to approach. One day I was sitting in the pickup about 20 feet from a herd and they were paying no attention to me at all. All of a sudden they all turned their heads toward the creek. A lady was walking along wearing an orange coat. They kept their eyes on her until she was gone and then moved slowly in the opposite direction. The say they are color blind but that was the only person who seemed to concern them. We have whitetails too but they haul ... at the sight of a human.

Last edited:
That's pretty good! Whitetails are usually very spooky. Kind of like the guy who says only two things scare my horse, things that move and things that don't. We have mule deer here that are much easier to approach. One day I was sitting in the pickup about 20 feet from a herd and they were paying no attention to me at all. All of a sudden they all turned their heads toward the creek. A lady was walking along wearing an orange coat. They kept their eyes on her until she was gone and then moved slowly in the opposite direction. The say they are color blind but that was the only person who seemed to concern them. We have whitetails too but they haul ... at the sight of a human.
I work outside year round.
I Wear Orange in the summer as it reflects the most UV and IR , heat.
Dear see UV very well.
Anything washed in laundry detergent has brighteners. Makes UV light More reflective.
There are special detergents designed to cut UV reflection.
I really notice a difference.

What they notice most is movement. Become a statue and look with your eyes, don't turn your head. Also, don't stare straight at them. Predators stare, and it terrifies prey animals.
I have deer walk by close enough to reach out and touch, but the instant I move it would be all over.