Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I crazy?

I have a list of roughly twenty detectors I would like to have, and for most of these I have printed out a manual to read. Is this normal?

:rofl::clapping: Entirely normal! I bet one of the guys will come along and post a picture of their detector stable soon! :yikes:
Mud

coinhunterseth said:
I have a list of roughly twenty detectors I would like to have, and for most of these I have printed out a manual to read. Is this normal?

If your list included 21 detector manuals :yikes:..... now THAT would be considered abnormal! :spin:

I know of two people on this forum that I know have at least ten detectors, tabman, and old California(although his are mostly vintage). I like to collect things so this is a good hobby for me because number 1; I get all my finds, and number 2; I get to have a huge collection of detectors.

As no one detector or detector/coil combination can cover all detecting scenarios,then this is the main reason i have a selection of various detectors as some are better than others.

Golfers dont just have one club as a driver would be no good on the putting green,its the same basically with detecting that is of course if you can afford more than one machine,a single freq VLF machin is not the best one for wet sand and the list can go on and on.

Some detectorists collect old classic detetors just for the pure enjoyment of going down memory lane from the past,not all of my machines are totally new technology but they excell in what they do ie a couple of old but mint Tesoro machines that i own are best suited to a really trashy roman site.

You are not doing anything wrong,its fun and interesting especially when your detector hits a nice target that could pay for all of your machines.

I know I am doing nothing wrong, this post is a semi joke. All of it is true. but I know it is normal. I have 14 golf clubs by the way, it is all that is allowed by the rules.

You can never have to many detectors. I have nine of them and would love to try a few more. There's nothing better than finding a great site and being able to sanitize it with all the different technology. Each machine will see the targets a little bit different.
HH Butch NY

I currently have 11 and personally think that nobody needs more than 9 or 10. Wanna buy one?

I would if I had any money, want to send one to me for free? Maybe the v3i?

V3i is on the way. Sorry but I left the BigFoot coil on it. I didn't wanna have to put the D2 back on it. :rolleyes:

Definitely not Crazy. Just Addicted to this outstanding Hobby. Had a Gentleman who thought that he was talking bad about me tell someone that "He is Addicted to Metal Detecting". As if that was something to be ashamed of.

Heck I readily admit that I am Addicted to Metal Detecting. Where else can one spend time in the outdoors, Hunting/fishing any time of year, No license required and occasionally find something that raises your heart rate and gives you a thrill like seeing a silver coin or gold item that has been lost for many years emerge from the dirt/sand.

Keep on Dreaming and Digging.

You gosh darn skippy there George! :thumbup:
Mega, Love that new Avatar of yours! Talk about heart rate!:drool:
Mud

Much Cheaper Also.