Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I doing something wrong?

Pookybear

I am getting High and medium signals at the ends of my swings that are not targets with the large stock AT pro coil. I am also not lifting the coil at the ends of my swings.Am I doing something wrong? Also should I pinpoint shallow targets with the center of my coil or the tip of the front of my coil? I also seem to be having nickles pinpoint several inches off center.Is this normal? any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might be swinging a little to fast. Try slowing down a bit and see if that helps with the end of swing falsing. You might also need to drop sensitivity down one bar. One final culprit can be a coil wire moving above the coil. Is it secured snug to the shaft? If the wire can move at all at the end of the swing it will create a signal. If it is still acting up after checking all those, you might want to give Garrett a call.

If a nickel is laying at an angle or edge on I've had them pinpoint a little off. Try comparing both methods on the same target and see how they compare.

Sailorman said:
You might be swinging a little to fast. Try slowing down a bit and see if that helps with the end of swing falsing. You might also need to drop sensitivity down one bar. One final culprit can be a coil wire moving above the coil. Is it secured snug to the shaft? If the wire can move at all at the end of the swing it will create a signal. If it is still acting up after checking all those, you might want to give Garrett a call.

If a nickel is laying at an angle or edge on I've had them pinpoint a little off. Try comparing both methods on the same target and see how they compare.

Great post! Metal on your shoes???

I don't have the false pings but in certain dry soils of the parks I look in, when I pinpoint the coins they will be to the left of center, no big deal once I figure it out for the type of soil I'm digging in.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Sailorman said:

Great post! Metal on your shoes???

Oooh yeah, forgot that one, dinged more then one of us I bet. I've also been busted by carrying my shovel too low now that I think about it!