Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I in for a huge blessing or am I in deep doo-doo??? :shrug:

zeekeys

I should of sent that donation into Father Flanagan. Same place I was at yesterday. Is this a double cross? Or is this a quadruple cross? Thanks for stopping in.........Z

The metal detecting gods are looking down on you Zee, so this definitely means your in for a blessing. This new site is just full of surprises and unusual ' blessings'.

Is it a location where there may have been markets and stalls.....they look as if they could have all come from the same place....good condition too...well done!

SL52: It is amazing what people lose. Sometimes it is hard to figure what the item is that people have lost? I have so many unidentifiable items in my little box? I can't throw these things out because some may have come from other planets? :surprised:

Cole: And I eat garlic too. My cologne is called old saddle blanket. Not many people hang around me. And I hear there is no crusty, corroded coins in heaven. That is not for me. I can't tell you the last time I found a cross? I can tell you what happened 50 years ago but a few days ago it is a mystery to me? :shrug: You must have finished your business and got home already? If you come to Milwaukee email me and we could get together. Wayupnorth would come down here for work and spend the night just a block from my house so we would go out and detect. He liked the detecting but wasn't excited about my driving skills. He would make the sign of the cross quite a few times and say our fathers and always a big Hallelujah when I dropped him off. He probably forgot to take his meds when he came down here?

Furious: You hit the nail on the head. They do hold a craft show there in the summer.

Well guys you will not guess where I will be going tomorrow? I am going to the penny park? Do you know why it is called the penny park? :bouncy: I can't wait to show you what I will find there!! Good evening........Z

Well Zeekeys, I think this hunt set a Worlds Record. -------- For sure,this hunt will be a memory!!!!!!!!!! Great day to you-------After1------

We seem to think random means an even distribution but if MDing has taught me anything it is that random is lumpy as all get out! I went about four years without a crucifix find and in the last year I have 10 or so. That is not to say there is never a reason for feast or famine finds. I am just saying, wait, what was I saying?

Quite a collection there Z----well done.

The way you can tell if your in deep Doo Doo is you should be able to smell it as soon as you step in it-------------:rofl:----IB

A1: Memory??? I get up every morning and everything is new and fresh. I get to meet my new bride of 43 years again and she gets to tell me what to do from there on. Wow! what could be better?

Tom I could listen to you for hours. Random, lumpy and wait what did I say? I get.. The space in between and the space after is the only thing that sticks. We need to talk about spacey?

IB: Your talking to a guy that paid $15 to go to the state fair and watch cows make cow pies. Is there hope for the guy with the brown stuff on his feet?

Ever new and growing......Z

Regardless of how they got there, 8 crosses recovered in one outing is pretty amazing imho. Good hunting!.HH jim tn

I've only found one cross. It was stainless steel with a carbon fiber insert. Lots of little .925 pendants and other personal religious trinkets. Nice finds for you anyway you turn the picture around!!

Thanks Jim and Ronstar. Maybe the person got a real nice cross and dumped the cheap ones? It is a mystery to me? Thanks guys......Z

Congrats , actually it's an Octocross.:heh:

I haven't found one in a few years but man , I used to find them regularly ( nice ones too) . Now , I get them in the mail once in a while . Never found more than one in a day of any kind though . I'll bet a detectorist put them there in hopes of giving another detectorist something to post
about .:laugh:

Zeekeys, its always a huge blessing to get a little cross. My wife and I hit our 43 in July and she is still sort of putting up with my swinging and scooping at the beach and some dirt fishing here and there. If you ever make it out to the left coast, I'd be willing to shake your hand! Ah! Its almost 1 AM and Sadie is nagging me to go to bed. She takes good care of me. She is much more patient than the wife! :cheekkiss:

Dirt Doctor: I knew it. Doc I bet you are the one that put those crosses there? You probably thought I would think it was some strange force that universe conjured up to make me think I was on the path of a weird magical wizard. You didn't fool me for a second, well maybe a day or 2 but I caught on.

Tom: My wife was the one that got me back into detecting. I came home and told her I was going to retire. She said your going to,"Stay home?" She said why don't you get back into detecting? She loves when I go detecting because I am not home. I am thinking Sadie is a dog? We had dogs but when the last one died my wife took it pretty hard and said no more dogs. She has kept to her word no more dogs.It would be a pleasure to shake your hand Tom.
Thanks guys and may the universe smile upon you........Z

zeekeys said:
Dirt Doctor: I knew it. Doc I bet you are the one that put those crosses there? You probably thought I would think it was some strange force that universe conjured up to make me think I was on the path of a weird magical wizard. You didn't fool me for a second, well maybe a day or 2 but I caught on.

You flatter me Sir , If I did put them there I have gotten so old and rummy , I wouldn't have remembered it anyway .:heh:

Tom: My wife was the one that got me back into detecting. I came home and told her I was going to retire. She said your going to,"Stay home?" She said why don't you get back into detecting? She loves when I go detecting because I am not home. I am thinking Sadie is a dog? We had dogs but when the last one died my wife took it pretty hard and said no more dogs. She has kept to her word no more dogs.It would be a pleasure to shake your hand Tom.
Thanks guys and may the universe smile upon you........Z

A while back we had our two dogs 13 and 14 yrs. pass within a short time of each other . We were devastated and also said " no more Dogs" . As time went on we missed having dogs and the kids and Grandkids missed seeing dogs and wanted us to get another . Well , we got another ,then another , then ....

It's all good though everybody's happy .

Blessings , best wishes and happy hunting to all .

Oh my thats like having 3 kids. Wow. They look like they can get into trouble? I can see they have the run of the house. Great!. We miss the dog too...... Z

zeekeys said:
Oh my thats like having 3 kids. Wow. They look like they can get into trouble? I can see they have the run of the house. Great!. We miss the dog too...... Z

They are frisky and boisterous and sometimes run around like a bunch of nuts but all in all they are very well behaved .Their antics when they play keep us laughing a lot .All our family and friends just love them . We got them all from the local shelter . As we did our two previous Dogs . Incidentally , This month is adopt a Dog from a shelter month .

Congrats on the great finds, looks like that 7 inch coil is working out great. I'm going to go with a smaller coil on my f44 also just haven't decided which one. I have the 10inch concentric from my f5 and the 11 inch DD. Me thinks me gonna try the 10 first

Dirt doctor: Your words are getting to me but my wife says no dogs. She is the boss.

tc1967: The only experience I have is with antennas,transmitters and receivers from ham radio. If the antenna and the transmitter didn't match you tuned the transmitter up (kinda like ground balance) if that didn't work you could use a antenna tuner to get a better match. We always wanted to get rid of the SWR( standing wave ratio) for max results. The coil (antenna) is small and if the control box (transmitter low wattage) aren't matched it equals less power sent to the ground. For max results it is best to use a coil and transmitter that are both tuned to the same frequency. Of course I have been wrong a good part of my life. It would be best to see for yourself and than you will know for sure. Don't assume and look for an expert. My dad used to say, "A expert is a drip under pressure." Happy Trails.....Z

zeekeys said:
Dirt doctor: Your words are getting to me but my wife says no dogs. She is the boss.

tc1967: The only experience I have is with antennas,transmitters and receivers from ham radio. If the antenna and the transmitter didn't match you tuned the transmitter up (kinda like ground balance) if that didn't work you could use a antenna tuner to get a better match. We always wanted to get rid of the SWR( standing wave ratio) for max results. The coil (antenna) is small and if the control box (transmitter low wattage) aren't matched it equals less power sent to the ground. For max results it is best to use a coil and transmitter that are both tuned to the same frequency. Of course I have been wrong a good part of my life. It would be best to see for yourself and than you will know for sure. Don't assume and look for an expert. My dad used to say, "A expert is a drip under pressure." Happy Trails.....Z
I hear that a coil from an f5 will work on the f44. But I'm like you, never know. Going to try the 10 but will probably order the 7" because that's about the perfect size for me