Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I missing gold with the Pro?

Johnho

On another forum people were commenting to dig mid-tone solid signals to find more gold. I hunt mainly on salt water beaches. I have been skipping those tones as I thought the gold would ring a high tone. I do ignore the mid and deep tones when getting the grunting with iron audio on. Am I doing this wrong?

Yes! You are missing the gold! No worrys, when I started this sport a few years back, I also assumed gold would have a high tone, imagine my surprise when what sounded like a tiny piece of foil turned out to be a gold ring! Then I found these forums, and buddy, start reading all the posts you can about gold, and you will get good fast. Gold can come in the foil, nickel pulltab midtones...you get any 52-53 numbers, and you gotta go after those! On a big ring in the 10gr plus range, the TID will be way up in the 60 numbers, and the tone a solid mid tone smack...not a high pitch, but pretty dang close! The Pro will not miss a ring if you get the coil over it! A very urgent and demanding pop telling you to go after it! Once you get good with rings, lets get you started on chains! Good Luck and hang out here a little reading the posts...you will be OK.
Mud

Should almost dig every signals at the beach as you would in the water.

Gold rings will hit as silver too..... for example, one like this that's 999 stamped. This was found with another detector while tot lot fishing in 2011.

I remember when you found that one BH! :drool: After I typed my reply, I was thinking about it a little...I don't think I've seen such a big beauty posted here since! So there you go John, like Joel said, on the beach or in the water dig everything...unless its solid big iron, 40's on up will get you gold. Man what a ring!
Mud

Wet or dry salt water beaches? If you are hunting wet salt sand beaches or salt water, you sure are missing gold.

I appreciate all the replies and will now start digging those mid-tones. I must have left millions of dollars out there. :cry: thanks again.