Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I the only one without AT Pro problems?

NJgeoman

Ok so I received my Pro before Christmas from Texas. I have been out about 12 times with it (at least 40 plus hours), works great. It will false on occasion when you skiff the sand on the beach. On land, no problem. Hitting twigs in the woods, no problem. Only problem was with Stock Headphones out of the box, left speaker didn't work till I jiggled some wires. Noteworthy finds to date, lots of clad coins and a silver .925 ring (looks like a wedding band). Still in quest for gold or something Historic.

So lets see a show of hands that received the first edition Pro and have had no problems with the machine what so ever.

it;s funny about people not liking the headphone, they are the best one I have ever used, boy am I hard, but I never had expensive ones

I have had no problems with my At pro. only have about 12 hours on it. Had it out in the rain Saturday for about 4 hours.using the 6.5x9 coil. I was concerned about depth but I dug a small nail at 10 inches, A wheat penny at 8 inches. been running in std mode for the most part,sensitivity at minus 2 notches, in zero mode. to date I have found...3 wheat's, lots of clad,diamond stud earring, 1nation wide children's hospital parking lot token,several pieces of junk jewelry,2 salt shakers,1 silver plate spoon. I have been trying to find this old home that shows up on an 1878 map,well the salt and pepper shakers and the spoon came from that general area . also found glass, couple broken cork top bottles and some pottery shards. I believe I am on the right track. I am slowly trying to learn the pro mode but the noises are confusing. I'll get the hang of it. Wow! I didn't mean to ramble on lol:detecting:

I bought mine on december 20.When I raise the coil off the surface and twist it , I will get the falsing issue, but in a normal swing and bumping saplings I'm good to go. Kinda strange , but I have found a lot of very deep small targets and feel good about the machine , but I am concered about what lies down the road with the ATPro and if my little problem will become worse. I have listened and watched the videos about the problems with the PRO and its just sucks to C people having problems.I am disturbed why this machine so promising , seems to be getting so much negative reports and different responses. Why cant the truth be told about this detectors problem? Its not fair to the consumer to not know what the problem is .I feel like eating eating a bowl of toe jam and nose buggers right now........:wacko:

Have hunted with mine since Jan. 1st. Mine will make noise if you hold it in the air but never when hunting. I am not a winter person so I have not found as much as usual but have found 990 coins with 25 wheaties,4 silver dimes,and 2 silver rings. With the 6x9 it will almost suck coins out of the ground by itself. The 8.5x11 is great on relics, though I have not had as much time as I would like to spend on relics yet.

I did not have as many problems as others. I did send it in. I wanted to makes sure it is pristine condition to find all the gold! LOL I have not hunted much because of the weather!
Good Luck
I hope to get mine back soon!

No problems here either. Have several hours on it in an old park. Bought it in late January.
Now just waiting for more spring thaw.
HH, OMM

I had no problems other than the violent twisting causing false signals which I didn't see as a problems at all. No falsing while hunting even banging into things. I sent mine in because If I ever do decide to sell it having been "fixed" would be important, and I'm sure they would fix this problem forever. Some 2 years from now they(Garrett) may stop servicing the first generation AT's for this problem. May be a time limit on a free fix.

ive had mine since dec & no problems it will make the noise if i stand around wiggling it but i hunt in the ground not in the air
so far its found me 6 rings 2 gold & 1 14 k gold medallion & a bunch of coins
its the best machine ive used in 35 years & it loves gold
p.s i hunt in pro :super:
i love mine :detecting:
[attachment 190127 atpro10k925rings20111.jpg]
[attachment 190128 atpro1.jpg]
[attachment 190129 atpro14kmedialon1.jpg]
[attachment 190130 atproring21.jpg]
[attachment 190131 atproring5.jpeg]
[attachment 190132 ring62.JPG]
[attachment 190133 batchocoins1.JPG]

I have one of the early At Pro's. Got it in mid December and other than some air testing have not used it at all. Today I took it out for about a half hour in spite of the snow and frozen ground just to see how it behaves.

I did a quick ground balance and ran it in Pro-custom mode with iron audio at 30 and Sensitivity at six. Nothing was notched out. In some areas the iron audio chattered quite a bit but in other areas it was nice and quiet.

I am very happy with how stable the At Pro is. It did not give any hints of the falsing problem others have been reporting. I even scrubbed it on the snow and bumped into a few things and it still did not false.

I am going like this machine. Cant wait til spring.

Jerry

Had mine a few weeks, no problems at all, works as it should do, an Excellent metal detector.

Waterproof too.