Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AM vs. Disc with nothing notched

mojotrout

what is the difference in machine function when using one versus the other? When do you use one over the other?

thanks for any opinions.

This thread pretty much covers it or points you in the direction of more info on the subject.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1992964,1994453#msg-1994453

thanks Longhair, that clarified things

I tried it today (using the 18.75khz DD 6" coil) and really noticed the lack of blended harmonics as opposed to the all metal mode. In disc pattern with nothing notched, I could faintly hear a quick null of the threshold at times as a target was being classified into a bin segment. In all metal mode, there would be a transient tone (resulting in the blended harmonics) as the target was being classified. I definitely think using disc with nothing notched helped me to better ID some of the trash today. Not a lot of great finds but I was in a super iron trashy demolished home site (from 1901) with at least 10 targets per swing most of the time and still pulled some antique shell casings and a couple modern clad coins. I'm going to keep trying it and switch back to AM just to verify the difference on questionable targets.
I really love the X-Terra, it just seems to get better & better.

Scott,
Let me know how this works out, I want to try it myself when the frozen tundra thaws.

Yep... the 705 is a beast! Since I started MDing, I've constantly felt the need to upgrade... until becoming familiar with my X-Terra, especially since putting the 10.5 MF DD on it. My hunting partner keeps trying to convince me to upgrade to a CTX when I can afford one, but I see no point! We hunt side by side, and I have NO PROBLEM keeping up :)

ottawa_r said:
Yep... the 705 is a beast! Since I started MDing, I've constantly felt the need to upgrade... until becoming familiar with my X-Terra, especially since putting the 10.5 MF DD on it. My hunting partner keeps trying to convince me to upgrade to a CTX when I can afford one, but I see no point! We hunt side by side, and I have NO PROBLEM keeping up :)
Have to agree with that! I have the 505 and am still finding new tricks and settings to try. I convinced my buddy to try a 705 and he simply loves it! The only upgrade I was considering was going up to a 705, but I really don't feel the need now, as the 505 does everything I want it to. I especially like the 18.75 6" DD coil. That thing punches much deeper than one would expect and handles the EMI much better than the stock coil.