Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amazing separation...

HuntinDog

I posted that I would tell of the separation of the Deus and the 11" coil...
I've always heard that finds are made with iron in the whole (nails and such), but....

A picture tells the story.
I was running Deus Fast and my new 11"
Frequency 12
Disc. 5.5
Manual Ground dropped to 85
The rest of the settings were stock

My signal was one of those "iffy" targets.
You get a good tone mixed with iron buzz and grunts.
But the good tone repeats at 90*
So you say what the heck nothing ventured nothing gained...
I dug a plug and at 6" I pull a piece of rusty iron.
I rescaned the hole and get a good signal.
In goes the pinpointer and out pops a Chinese coin. Cool
It wasn't until the end of the hunt looking at the finds and trash on the tailgate that I noticed that the Chinese coin and the piece of iron were pieced together!!
Now that is SEPERATION hands down.
I don't think there is another machine out there that would have signaled anything other than iron.

HH&GL

I also was suprised at the seperation. Hunted my yard testing machines many times and I thought
it was cleaned out. Found 9 coins that I missed before and 4 of them had iron in the
same hole. I guess they showed up as junk the first time so I didnt dig them. I Think this is one
of the areas where the Deus really shines.

I find that a good target near small/medium iron will repeat the good tone even with all the other noise caused by iron.
Iron alone will give an intermittent good tone that clips, moves around and is seldom repeatable on consecutive swings.
That doesn't include iron rings and large deep iron which will repeat and often sound good.

Nice finds for 2014.

CONGRATS!!
Still looking for my first Chinese coin!
It's very rare that we (northern ca) get to find something that old. I've only found picks and chisels used by the Chinese who built most of the water flumes around were I live
Ill get one one of these days!!

In your opinion - Do you think the 11" coil separates as well as or better than the 9" stock coil? I've heard stories about the 11 X 13 coil doesn't separate that well, but so far I'm stoked about what I've been finding close to home. Almost every time I go out, I find Wheats and sometimes silver often with nails, tacks, etc in the same hole.

If the 11" round coil separates better than the larger 11 X 13 coil, then I will have to rehunt my front yard and sidealk strips again!

I've got the hole serie of coils (9", 11" and 11"-13") and had done some test with separation. My results was that there is so little different and it was difficult to see.
I think the separation mustily come from the programs and software XP made, and the coils has less to say.
Some say that they are going with the 9" in Heavy trashy area, but in my test the 11" didn't seem that it had problems.. Same difficulties.
The BIG different came If I change reaction from 2 to 3 (fast).... That was like going from a 15" coil down to a 5" coil with another brand.
The new 11" coil advance seem to being coverage, weight and properly the newest components inside, so that coil will Be at my Deus must of the time out.
Finding the best combination with sens, Freq., disc., Reaction, and SILENCER... and the Deus is AWESOME, with all 3 type of coils.
Just mine 10 cents.

Henrikras said:
I've got the hole serie of coils (9", 11" and 11"-13") and had done some test with separation. My results was that there is so little different and it was difficult to see.
I think the separation mustily come from the programs and software XP made, and the coils has less to say.
Some say that they are going with the 9" in Heavy trashy area, but in my test the 11" didn't seem that it had problems.. Same difficulties.
The BIG different came If I change reaction from 2 to 3 (fast).... That was like going from a 15" coil down to a 5" coil with another brand.
The new 11" coil advance seem to being coverage, weight and properly the newest components inside, so that coil will Be at my Deus must of the time out.
Finding the best combination with sens, Freq., disc., Reaction, and SILENCER... and the Deus is AWESOME, with all 3 type of coils.
Just mine 10 cents.

That's a great insight...thank you! Pulled another silver dime (1945) out of the front yard last night and there were roofing nails, a small steel nut, a small bolt, and a a deeper nail under the dime. The signal was clear - slightly chopped, but definitely something I would dig regardless. Man I'm loving this Deus!

I also have all three coils.
The weight and balance of the 11X13 coil is a very slight drawback, but for coverage it's a winner.
Between the 9" and 11" coils the separation is very close.
In heavy trash I go to the 9", Medium Trash the 11" and open ground the 13".

Earlier this week I hunted an old 1860's homestead long since gone and rebuilt...
Everything had been moved around and graded years ago. Signals everywhere !! Although not a lot of good ones...
The first day I hunted with the 11" and pulled a silver ring, 6 coins and various relics.
The next day, because of the heavy trash I switched to the 9" coil hoping that it would sort out the good from the bad better.
It did have the feel of better separation, but most all of the good targets were already sorted out by the 11". Found two memorials :(
I can't say that there is much difference other than the coverage.
In other hunts the 11" does hit harder on the deeper targets and I've dug good targets at 11" to 12" in better ground.
I'm not sorry that I spent the $$$ on the 11".
The Deus Rocks... My other machines with full compliments of coils are collecting dust.....

HH

More great info...thank you for that! I've been able to hit 6-7" dimes in the sidewalk strips but that's about it as far as depth. Not using a control box either so no EXPERT menu. I have a LOT of EMI and it varies from day to day and even from one minute to the next. Not sure where it's coming from but it makes it real hard to hear the faint high-toned targets living below 6". I'm VERY curious as to what's living below 7" in the sidewalk strips, and on Feb 1st I will be able to make the 11" coil purchase. I've found some larger iron targets at 10-12" UNDER the concrete, but the targets were the size of golf balls or slightly smaller (large iron nuts and bolts from stringing the overhead wires)

Went back to my test garden recently now that I have a better handle on the detector and was able to hit 8 out of 16 targets this time using Deus Fast. Can see a 10" silver quarter next to some iron nails but can't quite get the clean 8" dime. 12" clean quarter is a broken "blip". Can't wait to see how the 11" coil does!

I still think that we will lose some goodies, in those heavy iron infested areas.. If the iron shadows.
Made this test in deus fast, with the 11" coil. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTGL2BKbVH0&sns=em

After trying the 9" coil at the same test, I first felt the 11" was a little better, but it was closely the same..
This is the second video recorded Shortly after : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWbNmNNWyvU&sns=em

Sorry my bad english.. Hope you can get the Meaning.
I know that a test bed is not perfect.