Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amazing

I am sure this post may not bring praises and will upset some here, but do you people even pay attention to your actions. I find it very interesting that you praise a company one minute then the next thing you ridicule the same company because they are hiding things from you and then you are going to cancel your order for the Racer because there may be something better around the corner If you placed an order with a dealer, who then placed his opening order with a distributor your word apperently means abosulety nothing. I have a Racer on order and am very excited as I knew exactly what I had ordered. My best word for any manufacturer is do not come out with anything new and to the dealers I would not take preorders without money down.
Shortcut

At the end of the day Makro/Nokta is the same company. You are 100 % about canceling a pre- order. For me Iron audio adjust is a must if I can get it. Hey I have the 19 that has it all already. Regards

I see what you are saying but.....I am glad I didnt preorder a Racer now. If they are basically the same machine but the Impact has more features along with being $50 cheaper.....its a no brainer for me personally.

If you have an order I would think the dealer your buying it from and has placed their orders is upset at the leak about the new detector...That is a big mistake or? And to be fair I would think that the company would step up to the plate and explaine this to us and to their dealers. And will work something out to make everyone happy...god forbid this happend to a US company they would most likely not even fess up to anything and let the dealer deal with it. So lets see if they make this right

Not sure what your problem is with US manufacturers but I really enjoy my V3i, AT Pro, F19 CZ3D, Outlaw they are great machines and depending on my mood and where and what I am hunting they all have their strengths. Each of the manufacturers of those machines have been just great to deal with and what little problems I did have were taken care of immediately and professionally. Of course I have a Safari and Deus also and no problem, I am looking forward to the Racer to go along with my CF77 as I enjoy trying new machines. Personally if I only had to choose one I really don't know which I would keep as I can detect with any of them and find items.
Guess I should be more verbal about telling companies how to run their business.
Shortcut

low-boy said:
If you have an order I would think the dealer your buying it from and has placed their orders is upset at the leak about the new detector...That is a big mistake or? And to be fair I would think that the company would step up to the plate and explaine this to us and to their dealers. And will work something out to make everyone happy
I feel this whole thing could have avoided if the company said nokota and makro were both introducing new machines based on the same platform instead of one pre order knowing the next one is a few weeks behind this way the people that ordered the one wouldn't feel cheated if the other had more of the options they wanted at a lower price I have no doubt both machines will be good it is just a matter of which one fits your detecting style better, sort of like the fors CoRe and the cf77 some people like one over the other. dfly

Not sure we have been wronged so not aware of any need to make anything right just yet . :biggrin: A company comes along and listen to us the end users and then implements what we suggest at warp speed . Thinking we need to cut them some slack and let them work out any new release issues that popped up unexpectedly . Just my thoughts on the situation .

I can't wait to see what the company does with this mishap

Whether it was intentional or not, they shot themselves in the foot with the premature Impact announcement. At this point damage control will be difficult. They've already lost out on some potential Racer sales and may loose out on some more in the future unless they discount the price of the Racer or raise the price of the Impact. Whichever one they chose to do will cut into their profit margins.

berryman said:
Whether it was intentional or not, [size=large]they[/size] shot themselves in the foot with the premature Impact announcement.
In this case, THEY is NOT the Nokta/Makro company, but the sole USA Nokta Dealer, Kellyco, who jumped the ad out there with a direct post and link on the Nokta/Makro Forum. In my opinion, THEY/K-Co shot themselves in the foot with quite a few people who know it wasn't a manufacturer's slip-up.

berryman said:
At this point damage control will be difficult.
"Damage Control" ` is varied. It's a shake the finger at K-Co and say bad, bad, bad. Then hope the Makro Discriminator and Makro Dealers are fully aware of who did what, and know that they just need to hold-their-own because Racer sales will still proceed.

berryman said:
[size=large]They've[/size] already lost out on some potential Racer sales and may loose out on some more in the future...
To ME, the THEY'VE here means both the Manufacturer and Makro Distributor and Dealers. I think they might have lost a few initial pre-orders, but the Racer works, and the Racer will sell, no problem.

berryman said:
... unless [size=large]they[/size] discount the price of the Racer or raise the price of the Impact. Whichever one they chose to do will cut into their profit margins.
Here I take the THEY to refer to the Manufacturer, and there is absolutely no way they should reduce the MSRP of the Racer. Look at what is out there now on the market that would compete with the Racer, and compare the features and cost. The Racer has the edge, easily, and then some because features don't mean much if they are not supported by performance, and the Racer can preform.

IF, and I say IF, the Nokta Impact has all of the same features and performance of the Racer, plus some additional functions, then there is no reason I can see to offer it at a similar MSRP. I think if there was any price adjustment, and IF they performed the same other than a couple of different features, then the Nokta ought to be increased slightly.

I just finished a meeting with a husband/wife team and some of the discussion was about Iron Audio. My NBPT showed what the F19 could do, but a question arose about "still hearing all the noisy nails even if weaker volume." Then I demonstrated why I like the Iron Audio on the F19, and it is because it doesn't do well with iron nails rejected. The Racer doesn't have Iron Audio [size=small](Ferrous Tone, Adjustable Volume, etc.)[/size], but is a killer in the Discriminate mode, 2 or 3 Tone, and can cleanly reject those nails and respond to the coil much better than the F19. It really gets down to how well a detector performs, overall, with some of the functions it has.

I look forward to using a Nokta Impact to see if it has the same performance as the Racer but also has a good working Iron Audio [size=small](Volume)[/size] function. I hope it does, although with decent rejection, I don't think the bulk of the consumers would really come to like a Ferrous Tone equipped detector.

In the long run I don't have any issue with the Manufacturer on this incident, and I am sure that it might take a little time to get everything straightened out ... but they will.

Monte

I see the Kco leak as a blessing it could have been worse. Here is why I feel this way.

Forum members and tester have been engaged with the company trying to give them an idea of what they want from this detector. Although some ideas were great some, not so much but the company was engaged in trying to please us. The company realizes we need to take care of our customers needs and wants to be successful. That's great I'm all for that after all we can't perform our hobby without our tools and the detector is the main tool of course. I find the more comfortable I am the longer I stay out which increases the chances of finding more treasures. Having the best tool for the job helps do this. I'm sure the launch of the Racer was going to be a huge success and probably still will be. Then came the Kco slip.

I feel the slip as a two edged sword. Kco let the forum know that even though Makro and Nokta have partnered and the Racer emblazoned with the logo of only Makro that Nokta has a shiny new star of their own. I don't feel anyone here was expecting that unless you were a tester of the Impact prototype. The other edge of the sword is that now the company knows the passion we have for the product and the company. Maybe they should have been a little bit more forward with us and let us know that they will be bringing two detectors to the market with similar capabilities with slight differences. It wouldn't have been such a shock. I feel it would have been a better scenario had both companies released details of the Racer and the Impact at the same time. Then one could select the detector by wants and needs rather than availability.

I'm pretty sure the company didn't say okay her is what we do! We come out with the Racer then after the pre orders are filled and shipments go out and the water calms BAM!! We hit them with the new Impact detector with a couple more options you know something slight, but just enough to make them want to buy the Impact now. I'm sure the company Makro/Nokta didn't feel this way although some of us here on this forum felt that way at first me included.

I feel this whole mess has been a lack of communication even though This company communicates more with us than any other company. Maybe it wasn't lack of communication but more lack of a good question for them to answer like. Now that you have partnered how will it effect your products? Will you merge the name or will their always be a Makro and a Nokta made specific detector possibly offering different features.

This incident is water under the bridge, Hopefully their is very little decline in sales of the Racer and good sale volume for the Impact. Now that this issue has happened we have a better idea of what to expect on the next release of new products and it won't be such a shock. JMTC.

I definitely agree that kyco jumped the gun. Be it intentional to cut into a the sales of a brand they don't carry or if it was a mistake, kyco jumped the gun. Kyco should understand non disclosure agreements and the importance of timed info releases of products. It is strange that literary days from the Racer release kyco dropped the impact bomb.
Looking at their advertisement for the impact it appears they knew what they where doing. I still firmly maintain that Nokta/Makro gets an A+. They have done more for customers in their short existence than some of the other manufactures have done in their entire history. From the implementation of on the fly revisions as a result of customer feedback to after sale service,Nokta/Makro has shot to the top.

HHJason

From what I have read so far that Nokta let Kco know it was working on the Impact detector project to be released at a later date. Now being Kco didn't know what it was going to be they may of figured it will be like the Racer was releasing soon so as you notice the picture is black and white and not colored, so my opinion the picture is that of a Racer and someone did a little photo chopping being Kco didn't know what and when the Impact project would be complete. I feel it maybe for a while yet before this project is completed as they want to see how the Racer will be accepted by those that will be using them and may do some changing when the Impact project is released and it may or may not look like the Racer.
Like I say this is my opinion after reading what has been released so far and those that may have canceled their orders from their dealer for the Racer may wish they Hadn't, if they are waiting for the Impact to be released as it maybe a while yet.

Rick

Hey they think they can get away with anything because they sell so much and with each detector you buy they give you all that free crap that is just that junk crap

Well of course all of this is just guessing, but if I had to guess I'd say that Nokta plans to market a detector called the Impact through Kellyco, their sole US distributor. But it was not supposed to be introduced yet. Kellyco saw all of the online interest in the Racer and decided to put out a teaser before they were supposed to. It worked. Some people backed off buying the Racer waiting for the cheaper (maybe, they could have put any price they wanted on it) Impact, with a few different features. I see no fault with Nokta here. So the end game is the Racer will have a few different features from the Impact. Sounds like the T2/F75. Just my guess and I've been wrong before.