Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

American Relic Hunters a small tip.

woodchiphustler

We our not after hammered coins. Buttons , bullets, buckles, large cents, Spanish coins are all easily found with the Deus. If I wanted to shake down an area that held gold jewelry I would use 18khx. If you don't want to dig a ton of small non ferrous trash,( I don't) don't use 18khz. When you set up the Deus use both the Gmaxx and Relic programs with identical settings except set the relic program to 4 kHz. Just go to Relic , menu, frequency, minus button. Now you have Gmaxx at 8 and Relic at 4khz. Cross check your signal by pushing either the plus or minus buttons depending on what program your hunting in. Why do this cross check? The relic set at 4khx will better id iron. For maximum depth keep your reactivity at 2 or under. This should give you the speed you need to separate targets. Please run your disc. low. The factory setting is very good. I no longer use Deus Fast when hunting iron patches. I discovered yesterday by just setting the reactivity to around 2, it worked just as well in Relic or Gmaxx without digging small non ferrous junk targets . One last thing when hunting a new site or open fields. I leave the reactivity at zero until I encounter iron patches. Well that's about it.I'm having a great deal of success using this strategy. Hope you will give it a try. This is what a forum is all about. To share, not bash. Best of luck.

Your welcome.

Thanks Terry.

Thank you George, very much appreciated. I have been using the G Maxx mode more too in iron, though in 18kHz , I will give the 4khz a shot.
I cannot believe how amazing this machine performs in iron.

Get yourself a decent pair of headphones!
Untill I converted the backphones to a 3.5 mm jack and ran my Iphone earbuds I didn't know what I was missing.
Iron volume falsing becomes sort of a threshold, you can't hear it with the backphones. So most of the time your running sens too hot.

8 kHz has giving some very deep finds with sens running at 75-85 in stead of above 90 and falsing high tones!

I have a nice pair of ear buds. I bought them as a backup to the Deus stock phones. I used them on one hunt just to make sure they work. To be honest I just kept thinking that I am now tethered to the the detector. I never really gave the sound quality propper attention. I am going to break them out again and listen for better audio.