Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AN 1800'S KIND OF DAY

DigginVt

Today started with a 10 minute kayak ride with my CTX 3030 to my new spot.

[attachment 264193 yak.JPG]
First target was a 1896 Indian, my first IH ever. Next solid target was a 1844 large cent, rang in as 12/43 on the CTX and was 4" down under a root.

[attachment 264197 LChole.JPG]
Man this is off to a good start. I was working the yard next and found another IH, 1880. Next target was a choppy 10/44 12/47 at 7" a 1898 Barber Quarter, my tenth silver of the year and of my metal detecting career.

[attachment 264198 BarberQ.JPG]
Was working around the camp and got another IH, 1889. At the rear of the camp had a nice 12/42, are you kidding, a Canadian large cent, 1882!

[attachment 264200 CLC.JPG]
10 feet from the LC found a 1928 Merc. Ended my 3 hour hunt with 3 IH, 2 Large Cents, Barber Quarter, Mercury Dime, 3 1940's Wheat's (not shown) and a little clad. There is plenty more territory to search there. Doubtful if I can have this kind of day again.

[attachment 264201 Total4-27.JPG]

Does anyone have any thoughts on cleaning the US LC.

HH Quack

wow. what a great spot you paddled your way to. cool story. as far as cleaning the old coppers... i have had poor luck, they tend to be less legable when i get done with them. id not mess with that

n/t

Awesome day for you, Id ask where you were hunting but after kayaking to it I'd be too tired to detect! :sleepy:

Great post of a great hunt. To clean old coppers I soak them in grape seed oil for a week or so. Seems to work good. Joe.

Thanks guys, it was tough not to fish a little on the way out. Went back on sunday and got a 1951 Washington and a few wheats. Soil is very dry, hopefully in the fall after a few days of rain I can get back out there.

Hh Quack

Yes certainly dont touch the LC. Other than very light soap amd water, they mostly lose detail with anything more. Otherwise I woild soak in olive oil for a month as it has a ligjt acidic PH.