Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An Anfibio Tip

cjc

An Anfibio Tip I see a lot of guys posting that they knock out a few high numbers to prevent wrap responses. My take on this method is this: When you want to have a good idea if something is a false or anything that's corroding--with these numbers accepted, you can see maybe "94" "("97" etc--the signal blending with the ground. With these numbers blocked off you have these responses butting up against your lowest reject--giving less information. These high numbers also tell me if something is copper or brass--blending with the ground.
Silver stays down lower in the low /mid 90's unless is super deep and masked by iron--actually being overwhelmed. Not a foolproof measure but with the Anfibio's "lock on" ability you can get a pretty good idea of what's what. As well--in blocking out more of the grounds signal good faint targets are inhibited too. Just got mine back had broken pins off in the jack stupidly (not my first such instance) super glad to have this detector in hand it's a powerhouse! cjc

Greatly appreciate the tip and makes sense.. as I have notched out the 97-99 #'s..joe

The anfibio does not have an iron volume like the Racer 2 or Multi Kruzer. You can change the tone frequency to read higher to 80 but not lower than 15,nor can you lower the iron volume however you can control the volume of notched items. It doesn't matter whether you notch them, the notch only effects the ID display unless you use the notch volume itself, so unless you use the notch volume, the notched range will still sound out. It is only notching the ID display value from the equation I would be more concerned about clipping possible non ferrous item signals amongst the lower iron notching than I would the upper range notching from 97-99 but you are probably right. My test garden, a silver peace dollar's signal at 12" can be clipped to an undiggable signal state when notched at 96-99 like Darnell Williams suggested.it actually ID 93-96 but how often would you run across a silver dollar in real world detecting ?A notch of 97-99, signal is clear and very diggable.....

bibelot said:
The anfibio does not have an iron volume like the Racer 2 or Multi Kruzer. You can change the tone frequency to read higher to 80 but not lower than 15,nor can you lower the iron volume however you can control the volume of notched items.

Anfibio has tone volume which lets you turn down any "tone bin". Just turn down Z1 in whatever mode and you are operating in and that is turning down the iron volume. Its just not labeled "Iron Volume" like on the MultiKruzer. The functionality exists, just buy a different name/funtion. (I went to double check the manual and apparently it is NOT an available feature on the Anfibio 19, though)

I really like the tone volume feature.

CS

I learned this many years ago with the Spectrums and practice the same with my AM. Dug a lot of good really deep targets in the high 90's or what was labeled a "hot rock". The Multi is much like my favorite Spectrum, but I love the frequencies Notka chose for this unit, perfect for relics and coins. Also love the ability to lower the volume of the Iron bin, I'm one that likes to hear everything and lowering the volume helps a lot with that setup.

coin-star said:
bibelot said:
The anfibio does not have an iron volume like the Racer 2 or Multi Kruzer. You can change the tone frequency to read higher to 80 but not lower than 15,nor can you lower the iron volume however you can control the volume of notched items.

Anfibio has tone volume which lets you turn down any "tone bin". Just turn down Z1 in whatever mode and you are operating in and that is turning down the iron volume. Its just not labeled "Iron Volume" like on the MultiKruzer. The functionality exists, just buy a different name/funtion. (I went to double check the manual and apparently it is NOT an available feature on the Anfibio 19, though)

I really like the tone volume feature.

CS
Yes and no ,according to where you set your tone break. Yes , it will turn down the volume of the signals of items within that sector but it may include more than iron,if you are changing tone breaks to achieve high tone sectors for nickels, or Indianhead penny ranges within your tone bin program, your results will vary or am I wrong in my thinking ?

Manually changing GB should also be addressed at some point. People manually lower GB numbers to strengthen weaker signals but you can jump it to the positive GB side to quieten EMI issues, wet spring conditions or high gain settings. We need some one smarter than I to nail down the pros and cons of doing so.

bibelot said:
Yes and no ,according to where you set your tone break. Yes , it will turn down the volume of the signals of items within that sector but it may include more than iron,if you are changing tone breaks to achieve high tone sectors for nickels, or Indianhead penny ranges within your tone bin program, your results will vary or am I wrong in my thinking ?

Manually changing GB should also be addressed at some point. People manually lower GB numbers to strengthen weaker signals but you can jump it to the positive GB side to quieten EMI issues, wet spring conditions or high gain settings. We need some one smarter than I to nail down the pros and cons of doing so.

True. I suppose if you were in two tone or 3 tone that could be an issue. I think that's a case where discretion needs to be applied and to suit the program to the task for desired outcome. I'll admit though, I love 2 tone on the Anfibio and Kruzer and use it primarily right now. I do want to play more with using 5 tone with a customized coin program some day, though.

CS

coin-star said:
bibelot said:

True. I suppose if you were in two tone or 3 tone that could be an issue. I think that's a case where discretion needs to be applied and to suit the program to the task for desired outcome. I'll admit though, I love 2 tone on the Anfibio and Kruzer and use it primarily right now. I do want to play more with using 5 tone with a customized coin program some day, though.

CS
I'm with you on two tones for the older machines but the 5 tones in the anfibio is a really deep running program. For those who only run three tone because it is so stable don't know what they're missing, they only know what they're finding until they get brave and try 5 tones, their finds pouch will get heavier, gain settings will vary more with conditions. One thing I've noticed here overcast cloud conditions heightens the amount of background noise. I'm not sure if that is something new or I just never noticed it before with other machines.

My experience on the Makro and Nokta machines has been anything above 96 has been iron wrap-around, but I still want to hear it (I run almost no disc, maybe set to 3 max) and experiment with the signal to see if I can get a repeatable signal that's in the "dig-me" range. I dug a super deep two reale (larger than a U.S. quarter, but smaller than a half dollar) that bounced around the low to mid 90's, but after rotating around it, I was able to get a repeatable 92. Thought for sure it was going to be flat iron, but was pleasantly surprised :thumbup:

To me a 92 is an ideal silver number. Its also a question of if something is bouncing way up and down (especially over 94) or trying to climb--more of a good indication. cjc

just goes to show how much the ground forms part of the signal--even a big clean one...block the high range and part of it is gone.
cjc

Thanks for the great replies, guys. Had this machine out yesterday in 3 tone fast at truck grove conditions--just astounded at the separation. While some reloader scrap was all I found--setting the tone break at 80 and jacking up the pitch a bit is a real education. While not everything that comes in with some high tone is non-ferrous--a few simple tests (wide narrow in PP and a part angle cross) confirm really well. Seems to be many who think that these sophisticated process detector eliminate the need for target testing. IMHO they make it a lot more effective--and the high gain makes it more necessary. Going back and forth to 99 tone is another way to get more information.
cjc

Jumping to lower frequencies is another way to help distinguish whether it is a good target or iron feeding back in a high tone.. Wiggle off from the target is another, swinging the coil vertical so the side edge of the coil is detecting the target will often distinguish iron from non ferrous.....Nothing is carved in stone, unless you dig every target, there is a slight chance you might have guessed wrong.