Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An interesting observation with the f75ltd 2.

c t

I hunt parks and ball fields during the summer months. All my colonial fields are crop planted and this year more than most we have major tick issues so no woods hunting for me. Here's something I found. I run little disc 4 most all the time. I don't mind hearing. Many signals per sweep in trashy areas I run mostly je. Sense 85. And 9.0 software. 2f tone as well. OK there are many tabs and massive amounts of foil in the parks here. Here's what I've found. If you get a table signal they generally jump between 23-33. Somewhere in there. And the confidence meter is generally low. Well I've passed these signals time and time again. Well today I decided to swing over a couple of these signals. A couple passes rather than just quick glance and move on. On the first one that read 23 with a jump to 31 I slowed my swing and did a double pass. The confidence meter shot up and the ID 23 was steady. Well from 3ins I pulled a stainless ring. On to the next. Several passes and confidence meter low 23-31 I'd. Well it was a tab. 3 more 23-31-33 signals later with several passes the confidence meter jumps up I'd steady at 23 bingo a gold key charm 2ins. I guess my point. Double check tab foil signals. If the confidence meter jumps and id is steady. It may just surprise you when you dig I checked this 25 times today. 3 steady I'd and high confidence readings out of all and the 3rd a snap button from a winter coat thought I would pass this on might be some of you fellas sweep along and don't double check low signals. Might be worthwhile. HH c t

Hmmm ... I generally dig the tab signals. I may have to start paying more attention to the confidence meter and maybe walk away from some of the tabs. The older I get the more I hurt after digging several targets. Then again, iffy signals has the back of my mind thinking "ring with broken resize joint?"

Thanks for posting the observation.
Cheers,
tvr

And the more digging the more recovery time for me. Recently turned 75. Nearly 40yrs. In the hobby. I have to say there is something to the confidence meter. When it comes to. Tab foil. Readings. Hope others give it some merit I believe that good finds will increase. Best of luck to you Sir HH c t

Hi CT. I too believe the confidence meter plays an important role in our hunt. I use an F70 rather than a 75 but use the confidence meter as well, in many situations. Some more than others.
I think it is all about our position over the target in my case because I use the 10" elliptical coil which is a concentric pattern coil. This pattern shape dictates I get the coil centered perfectly over the target. I had to begin using 4h tones since my tinnitus got so bad I could no longer hear the difference between nickels and certain tabs in DP tones.

Just yesterday I was hunting an old campground that contained the older beaver tails and even some old 8 " deep rustysteel beer cans that were there by the river before the lake was built. I was hunting nickels also which is a perfect fit for the confidence meter. My first reaction to a 30's plus TID is to pinpoint. This get's me exactly over target which is where I need to be. An old beaver tail pull tab with it's tail bent around will mimic a nickel to a tee. But the cunning F70 with the elliptical coil can sort them out. I'll bet the 75's will also. Nickels come in 30 and 31 usually on my TID. After pinpointing I keep crossing over and circling to get that target from all possible angles. Confidence meter at that time will be about 3/4 or better until you hear that one midtone fart mixed in with the highs. The meter will drop to about 1/3 or less but for that one miidtone only. When the high tone is back on the next pass the meter will be back up also. After that one midtone is when I walk away.

The concentric coil pattern is like hunting with an upside down traffic cone with a golf ball sized tip. You can raise and lower the coil to focus the tip on targets depth to get better separation if you suspect more than one target within a plug sized area It's kind of like the opposite of the heel and toe wiggle Because of the recovery speed of the F series detectors and the confidence meter you are actually able to find a nickel and a beaver tail in the same plug on occasion and even though the total value of the dig is only 5 cents, the smile it puts on your face is priceless. This practice also works great on multi denominational coin spills. HH---------Another confidence meter fan:thumbup:------------IB

Great find on that gold, CT! :clapping:

When I first started into this sport, I ran in All metal and watched that screen, it was very mentally tiring and took a lot of concentration, everything sounded pretty much the same, I was so afraid of missing anything, and too scared to try to mess with the settings, I had no idea what they did!...So I had to process the info with my eyes on the screen, sweating and swearing!..:rofl:...then one day I found this Forum, and set up according to how a successful hunter (Zeek) was running his rig..:thumbup:.

So now I hunt heads up and just go by tones and never look at the screen except to check batt life every so often...I find this more relaxing, faster, a lot safer, on account of nobody can sneak up on me, plus, I'm seeing things that point to lanes and hotzone sitting areas in parks and ballfields instead of looking at the screen or ground...

DP tones let me know when I'm in the sideline spectator 'lane' due to all the trash/coin signals, even ones years old and not easily seen from the surface drops, the rig tells me when I'm in the lane!... My eyes are looking for sunflower seed hulls, or any evidence of recent activity....when I hunt the main fields, I mentally switch focus to those high iron and small foil signals hoping to hit a gold chain clasp, or any crappy signal that might be a silver or gold chain...but I stay in the same settings and just recalibrate my mind in relationship to the location and what has a good chance of being there...:shrug:
Mud