Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

an odd nickel

jld66

hunting a old house this morning, that is on a 1871 hand drawn map i found on the internet and real close by. i found a 1944 " henning counterfeit " nickel. though no silver content as ww2 nickels have and no value. they do have an interesting story behind them i found out. if interested, check it out online. good for a laugh anyhow. the place is infested with nails and other junk. i ran disc on my vaquero at about 2 o'clock, just to pick up coins. also got a wheat penny and a little clad. i'm gonna be back there and really go over the site well. the owner told me no one has detected there before. well, since the early 60's when his father bought it. so, hopefully there's some good finds there. read on hear from someone about trashy sites, clean a 8x8 area at a time. perfect place to take that advise.

That's how you do it. Grid and search.
I once filed my pockets with Wheats at a spot about 25 feet square by grinding.
Nothing else was there. But I left it clean as a whistle.

Staking out real small areas and cleaning out one at a time makes the task seem less taunting. Go really slow and go over each area at different angles before moving on to the next one. At a old site like that I would just set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out an iron nail. There's no telling what you might find at that site.

Good Luck
tabman

tabman said:
Staking out real small areas and cleaning out one at a time makes the task seem less taunting. Go really slow and go over each area at different angles before moving on to the next one. At a old site like that I would just set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out an iron nail. There's no telling what you might find at that site.

Good Luck
tabman
thanks tab, there are a whole bunch of these, i guess aluminum, screw nails that wont disc out till the tab mark. however talking a bit more with the owner afterwards. i can now go back as much as i like. just was not sure if it was going to be a one time deal. so, i went through there hot. haha. lawn is in real bad shape too. so, thats a big plus. thanks

this will be interesting to see what comes out ,