Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Analog or digital CZ which do you prefer?

88junior

I currently have a deep CZ 5 112 serial number but I kind of would like to give a CZ 70 Pro a try because I've never used a digital CZ. Am I crazy for wanting to do this or not?

I don't think you are crazy....unless you sell the CZ5 to get a CZ70 Pro !

I have several analog units and a CZ70 Pro. The Pro does have a few advantages such as the notching feature, back light and the 4th tone compared to the CZ5.

I just like the analog units better because you can fine tune the sensitivity, where as the digitals are set to an incremental range and you increase/decrease. Also, I feel the analogs react to a target a bit quicker and the VCO pin point feature is better on them.

For what some of the nice used CZ70 Pro's are going for these days on the forums, it's not a bad idea to pick one up. The one I got is really nice, super deep (can run high sensitivity without any falsing using the 10.5 inch coil), and ID's spot on. I got a good one. Was like new. Only downfall is I don't think FT will service them any longer.

You can always sell it for pretty much what you will pay for it. Used ones go pretty quickly when they come up for sale if the price is right. $325-$375 range is a good deal in my opinion.

It's always nice to have a good back up CZ. Even in this day and age.

I had a cz7apro for years. That machine was awesome. I got a cz3d when it came out & pretty much quit using the 7apro. I had a cz70. It was really touchy. Really noisy.

Dan-Pa. said:
therover covered that well....personally the ability to fine tune the analog gets my vote....
He was spot on with his post.