Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anchor Barracuda PI Manual

Bluetube1000

Hi all, wondering if anybody has an old manual for the Barracuda by Anchor Detectors? I've recently acquired one in nice condition with both the 8 and 12 inch coils. This is my first step into the pulse world and it will compliment my excal 1000. The previous owner bought it used and it had been modded to use 8 AA rechargeables in a holder with a 9 volt connector as the original nicads were long gone. My concern is that it is suppose to run at 8 volts and currently runs at 12 volts. I took it for a test ride last Sunday and it performed well as configured but having had a little email conversation with CLIVE and being informed by him that it is designed to run at 8 volts. Will I kill this machine running it as is or should I convert to a 6 AA holder at roughly 9 volts. I'm no engineer and I don't want to burn it up. Any insight would be welcome. Thanks in advance and Happy Hunting!

Happy Underwater Hunting, my friend BlueTube!
need some pics... mine english is not so expressively emotional to tell you how i did plan to reestablish Bara
to life... so SORRY TO IT! manual is on a way to you my friend...
h_1450538402_2689574_279e388f41.jpg

I know this will be asking alot but could you also forward me a copy of the manual as well?

Cheers in advance.

Aussie66

Hi Sir,
I'm sorry for the question, I'm building a CUDA and I need the information on the coil could you forward the manual?
Thank you

1.2 X 8 = 9.6 Volts

10 X1.2 = 12 volts

will run on either voltage but may very well be smoother and less noise at 9.6 volts

would not push higher 12v

Happy Trails
Jimpugh aka MagnumPI

i gave you manual Blue Tube. while you are silent on the exchange. so hard to do pics of the board?
it was 2016. now 2018. we are in start point.

Great detector, Ive found a ton os stuff with mine. You are better off running at 9.6 as Jimmy says (manufacturer-- for those who don't know). It's more stable and better in the black sand. I went to a RF car hobby shop and got a 9.6 cell that just fits. Be careful with your pots they are sensitive to impacts.
cjc

hello
i am seeking pics of D revision board. can you help?

jimpugh said:
1.2 X 8 = 9.6 Volts

10 X1.2 = 12 volts

will run on either voltage but may very well be smoother and less noise at 9.6 volts

would not push higher 12v

Happy Trails
Jimpugh aka MagnumPI

Out of the charger should be around 1.44 volts or tad higher, they are flat at 1.1 volts

First time posting here, I see that a Barracuda manual is floating around. I sure would like a copy as I recently bought and repaired one. Always like to read the manual. I have a couple Goldquest SS as main and will use Cuda as backup.

BT1000 got the manual from me. but our contract is that he send me photos of the board in hight definition.
he did not. he refused to answer me. why you people in capitalistic world are so flawed?
why you just promise but never wish to perform your promises?????

BAD!

kt315 said:
BT1000 got the manual from me. but our contract is that he send me photos of the board in hight definition.
he did not. he refused to answer me. why you people in capitalistic world are so flawed?
why you just promise but never wish to perform your promises?????

BAD!

Take.....your.....agenda....somewhere.....else......:nopity:

you forgot that the source of the manual is me and just me. remind me about S4 Ellis base and Bob Lazar agenda.

Anyone have a pdf of the Anchor Barracuda? Also, does the LED light up when a target is detected? repaired one I bought that had a blown 79L05. LED is blown too.

Anyone Barracuda question- does the LED light as the detector picks up a target or is it just a power on indicator?

LED lights as the detector picks up a target.

kt315 said:
you forgot that the source of the manual is me and just me. remind me about S4 Ellis base and Bob Lazar agenda.

And here's me thinking the source of the manual was Jim Pugh :blink:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990203192951/http://anchorelectronics.com/