Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anchor Electronics Barracuda

Happy_Hour

One for sale 50 miles from me with two coils. Looks to be in excellent condition and seller states works great. Any input on this detector.

I've never owned one but there was a local guy that used one. He loved his. It's a pulse machine best used on salt water beaches or in the water without a lot of trash.

Not sure if you can get it fixed if it breaks
I believe it was a whites design with stronger voltage
Jim Pugh was the inventor

I believe VLAD owns one as did Clive....... killer machines ive been told, hard to come by...... and ya if it breaks you might be in trouble. BUT .... if you get it for the right price and dont mind using a PI..... there ya go.

Never owned one.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?34,128784,128786#msg-128786

Really...... could have sworn Craig say you did. I know he has one needing some battery work.

My PI was an early non motion non submersible ferr/non ferr by meter pre Goldscan Foster unit. (land version of the Aquapulse I believe)
I gave it to Old Beechnut. (I think Keith Wills @ East Texas Metal Detectors http://www.brokendetector.com/ (has FB page too) can easily repair any unit.
I suspect Anchor units were probably old designs of Eric's, possibly reverse engineered. Eric's in his 80's now and I've lost his ph # but
maybe Mr.Bill has contact info.
(I do not know how much more clear I can be: never means, "at no time ever.")

Happy_Hour said:
One for sale 50 miles from me with two coils. Looks to be in excellent condition and seller states works great. Any input on this detector.

Don’t leave us hangin