Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And now my SURF PI has it's own "Success Story...

robby4570

While it wasn't reported on the LMS site, I still call it a Success Story!

This happened a few days ago...

Today a fellow approached me and asked me to help find his wife's wedding ring and he knew exactly where she was when it fell off. Even with that it had been 30-45 minutes since it was lost and the current while not as bad as yesterday was still strong. Being pretty new with the PI detector still and not really too knowledgeable about wave action and small rings, I was pretty dubious about finding the ring. But I told him what the heck, let's give it a try. I first grid searched from farther out than she was straight into the beach for a width of about 20 yards. Then I did a 90 degree cross grid of the same area to no avail. I decided to do a 45 degree grid and on the 7th pass I heard a signal that I just KNEW was a ring. I scooped it gently and and looked inside and there was a very small white gold and saphire lady's ring. I asked him to describe it and he did to a "T". Total search time... maybe 45 minutes. I was extremely pleased with my new PI and I now feel like I am becoming one with it

Thanks for sharing your "happy" story. :clapping: I'm sure she was ecstatic to get it back.

Great job and that was a very nice thing you did for sure. 45 minutes to recover a ring from a 20 square yard area is rather impressive as well. Well done and thanks for sharing your story. HH -Marc

www.lostmystuff.net Is a site set up for people who have lost an item with metal in it to file a lost item report and for volunteers with metal detectors to sign up to help. When an item is lost and a report gets filed, an email with all the particulars goes out to all the volunteers. We are all VOLUNTEERS and as such do this for free with no expectation of reward or reimbursement for expenses like milage, gas, etc. The group is NON-PROFIT.