Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And the Best Caribbean Travel Water Detector Is...

cabochris

Well perhaps for me and only in theory the Fisher CZ21. Why? Well it is built tough and with 8 inch coil fits in my suitcase collapsed to dive mode, without any dis-assembly. Battery life is good so I would not have to bring many extra spare batteries, chargers or power converters. That also means I would not have to be charging my batteries nightly as I do with Excaliburs (just to be safe). The CZ spider style coil handles well in the surf and the unit is easily hip/chest mounted if so desired for some dry sand hunting. With the 21 one could choose to cherry pick clearly by tone in discriminate, or hunt in the auto tune all-metal mode, which was described by one author of an older CZ book, as good as a pulse machine! The CZ21 has an excess of power, so I can choose how much I need without worrying about substantial depth loss when throttled back. With the 21 I can choose to sweep fast or slow because the CZ is a fast responding machine. This might mean one could cover more ground and find more gold? Then also the 21 might have enough power do hit deep gold when needed to because of the excess power and all metal mode. The V pattern of the concentric coil would also pinpoint better than a DD and perhaps separate trash better from gold too?

If I were to travel with just 1 machine, an 8 inch CZ 21 would not be a bad choice. If one needed a back-up then a second 21 with 10.5 inch coil?

But will the CZ21 really find more gold than the Excalibur with DD coils, BBS and iron Mask? That would have to be seen!

As a runner up and for a treasure hunter on vacation who wanted only 1 detector along, the Tesoro Tiger Shark with 2 coils just might be the ticket. This is all in fun and food for thought. And I have made my theoretical choice. So, are there any CZ20/21 users out there who find lots of gold with them in the sea? I would love to hear from you on this. CC.

I find a lot of gold in the fresh water lakes with my CZ-21's. However I would NEVER use an 8" coil in just sand. I use my 8" couil when I push over weeds and in heavy muck. The 10" covers more ground and since I dive and hipmout my machines I have absolutely NO problem with the weight of the coil. Good luck and Happy Hunting!!